Main Menu

BRAINSTORMING - FLYING LOTUS

Started by NumyMufn, July 29, 2009, 01:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

We have a number of bumps that need solid info from just suspecting Flying Lotus to knowing it's Flying Lotus but needing official release information.
Let's try and gather our breadcrumbs here so we can have all the clues together. It's quite common to find the one you weren't actually looking for in these situations  :wink:
This list can be edited or added to as necessary:

These have solid leads, we're looking for official releases:
10,000 Hours to be an Expert

High Scores of the Week v3 (also on four other bumps 1 2 3 4)

Television Story

Flag Invaders - (iTunes release located @ Belgium store)

Stoppage Time

Looking for instrumental versions:

Match Play for Golf Win

Upfront 2012 News Pt 1 & 2

Turbo Turbo Turbo Game

Nicolas Van Damme

These are just hunches, will take any clues available ;)
Copigturduckenburgrer

Hammer-Small Lovechild, also Williams Street Divisions, Fax Us, Soapbox Society on Money and Titan Lunch Retaliation Game

What's in your Frig?

Previously Confirmed:
QuoteNicolas Van Damme

Why are you Mean?, also Where You Are <~ These turned out to be Malcom Kipe

Stuff Science Works On
Same song on Personal Satellite and Spell My Finger 2

Crop Circles
Same song on Schedule Regiving and AS is Satisfaction and Winter for Trees

Still Being Designed
Same song as Roach on Lunch Results and Picture from 2004

Golf Leaderboard
and Golf Leaderboard 2

Let Us Go Forward Together
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Links to previous threads on the matter:

australian wallabies bump and old bump

Crop Circles and Japan City Flags

...anyone think we should add 'Stuff Science Works On' to the suspect list?  :|

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Hmm "Stuff Science Works On" could be Flying Lotus, but I'm not sure. You could add it anyway, since we're not confirming it's Flying Lotus. I think "Television Story" should be added. It sounds to me like Flying Lotus, even more specifically like a song called Nidocin off of July Heat. Once again though, it's still just a suspect.

Yeah imeem is just as reliable as youtube, which is why I don't view it as a good source of info, but moreso as a way to get started on finding songs. "Kill Your Co-Workers" seems to me like whoever uploaded it just slapped on a name. I have the strong suspicion that a lot of this music is coming from "Flying Lotus Returns". I'm hoping that someday it gets leaked out into the public.

And it's no problem, I love trying to help out. Thank you for all you've done, I'm sure you've helped me out way more than I've helped  :-D 
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

NumyMufn

OH! Television Story! YES!! I've been listening to that track trying to place it  :lol: it's called 'Litermeter' on mine though, (track 4) damn unofficial releases  :roll:

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Could you do me a favor, please  :-D Could you check yours and tell me if any of this matches up to yours?

Litermeter
track 4
2:22 - bump section roughly 0:06 - 0:21

Nidocin
track 9
2:34

I'm not sure what to put in the bump notes  :|

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Whoops, I wasn't thinking. Yep it's definitely Litermeter, I just checked to make sure. I tend to mix those two tracks up for some reason  :-D.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

mongo

Nothing useful from my part  :lol: but I remember the Still Being Designed song was also used on another bump, recently I think.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Okay TV story is fixed, and don't sweat it - happens to me all the time  :-D

@ mongo -  I think you're right, I'll look through my notes. I probably would have question-marked Clark for that one.  :roll:
crud, nuthin' in the notes. I remember running through his stuff recently though. Those FLAC files drive me nuts in WMP - if you try to skip through the track it just starts over - maddening I tell ya' :P

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Quote from: mongo on July 29, 2009, 08:36:57 PM
Nothing useful from my part  :lol: but I remember the Still Being Designed song was also used on another bump, recently I think.

So I just found a bump that uses the same song. It's funny, this one's music is under Unknown - Breakbeat, while Still Being Designed was under Unknown - Drum and Bass. Anyway here's the link to "Picture from 2004": http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1424

mongo

"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

blackliquid009

Yep no problem.

Hey does anyone think we should add Copigturduckenburgrer (http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1194) to the list?

blackliquid009

Nicolas Van Damme is without a doubt Flying Lotus. I've actually heard that song before when listening to Flying Lotus, I just forgot the name.

And I just checked out "Spin Cycles", Flying Lotus put it up on his Myspace. Turns out it's actually not any of the songs we've been looking for.

NumyMufn

Well that just figures :P

Thanks for staying on top of it  :-D I've been out of it for a bit here - trying to get caught up  :roll:

I'm awake.

lildudenc

Omg I was up tonight not paying to my television heard the beat I've been wanting for weeks playing. That same beat from the Australian wallabies/Crop circles was playing on the reschedule bump lol. Ugh I still want that beat..

blackliquid009

So I was listening to this Flying Lotus BBC Essential Mix I downloaded and I remembered that I heard a remixed version of the song for Nicholas Van Damme in it. Sure enough, at the very end I heard it. Unfortunately, I can't find the actual song, even though I distinctly remember hearing it somewhere. Here's the link to download the mix: http://www.newmixes.com/flying_lotus-essential_mix-sat-11-29-2008.html

The "track" listing says that it would be called "Live Set Practice Run", but I've had no luck. It also has a remixed version of the song for Golf Leaderboard.