Main Menu

Post User Created Bumps here!

Started by mongo, January 26, 2008, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

Quote from: Jeff on August 03, 2015, 10:10:58 PM
macpod, that's really incredible.  That's real... right?  I'm so used to seeing the [AS] logo added in CGI that it didn't dawn on me until the second or third viewing that that's all real water (right...?).  Incredible creation if that's something you made.  I'd have to imagine you could market it... though, making an [AS] bump out of it is an undoubtedly noble use as well.

Judging by his other videos, yes it's real and something he built... and I love it  8-)
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

macpod

Yup, it is real. I've wanted to build something like this for a while but the cost has been prohibitive. Thankfully I found a guy who does ice carvings for a living who can rent it out at some of the events he does. Hopefully it won't be too long before I break even :)

Overall it has been a fun project to take on

Athias

Quote from: Jeff on August 03, 2015, 10:10:58 PM
Athias and macpod--couple of the best posts on this thread in awhile.

Thanks Athias for the pseudo-request.  You made the promo look fantastic.  I think I could just leave that on loop on my computer while I walk away.

Thanks Jeff. I figured, "Why not?" I love the OVA's, and the promos are deserving of an HD transfer, even if it's only my pseudo Toonami 3.0 conversion. I'm definitely looking forward to doing more like this.

@macpod: I have to agree with Jeff: that bump was really really, really impressive. I never really took a liking to the modern animated bumps because most--with a few exceptions--have been cheesy and coupled with terrible music. But your bump serves as a model for what they should be. The music, the lavender light filter, the imagery, and the concept in general is just great. (Not to mention the impressive construction of that Waterfall display.) I assume that you used After Effects? Great work, macpod. I'd love to see more.

NumyMufn

Quote from: Athias on August 04, 2015, 05:17:47 PM
I assume that you used After Effects?

Again, only judging from his other videos, our assertion that it's 'real',  and what little I know about these fountains*, there is no video wizardry at work here :)

*I have a small basic garden version of a 'rain' fountain in a large planter that I got in 2006 with about two feet of waterfall at a height of five feet. Last year it started showing signs of serious deterioration and I started looking for a replacement (because I absolutely adore it.) I couldn't find one anywhere near as cheap as the one I have so I started looking at DIY possibilities. What I have is just a PVC pipe drilled with holes at 1" intervals. Some of the plans I looked at insisted that each hole MUST be set with a nozzle, but given the professional nature of most of the applications I totally understand the need. What I gather is macpod has computerized control of these nozzles/jets to produce the image that you see. Here is another example: https://youtu.be/f5WliWhBFHo
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

nearsh0t

Hey, I have no Idea how these things work, but I wanted to share a fan made bump with the bump-loving community!
Below is an animated bump using the single "The Phone Call" by Owen Pallett from [as]singles 2015
https://vimeo.com/138260049

Charmilio

https://youtu.be/tP3I358i-7w

hello. got distracted while browsing for some music and ended up here as I normally do. decided to register and share this. I'd like to make some more for various games in the future. if you have any feedback or criticism I'd love to hear it so I can make these better moving forward. stay chill my friends.

Athias

Hey guys, I apologize for the hiatus. You know how it goes, everything but making bumps is unfortunately a priority. Here's Featured Music 9:

Featured Music 9 (B-Train) ... sorry, I couldn't resist. I've also made it a habit to include the artists and titles of songs I use.

So, these are the first bumps I've created using video with moving objects...  It's an effort to mimic the more modern bumps adult swim airs. It's my opinion that it came out fairly well. I don't know how often I'll make these--or if I'll make others at all. (I did it just to see if I could.) I only included the music, honestly, because the videos had no audio. (Honestly, I would have liked to have just left the background audio.) Well, that's all the relevant information I can think of. Hope you guys enjoy:

Traffic Cyclist (1080p)
Cowboy Bebop Sign (New York City) (1080p)

I will, of course, finish what I started with the Toonami 3.0 bumps. I had sort of put a pause on the Ghost in the Shell (1995 film) bump, but will resume it this weekend because I have a break for the holidays. I will also do a bump from 2nd GIG: there's a scene in "Poker Face" that would make a great bump.  My immediate prospects for making other bumps would include Neon Genesis Evangelion and Fullmetal Alchemist (2003), for which there are scenes I know I'll use. Well, that's it. If I don't get a chance to say this before Thursday, I'll say it now: Happy Thanksgiving! Avoid Black Friday! And be prudent and purchase items safely on Cyber Monday!

Athias

Today's a "Ghost in the Shell" day, and the major kicks ass:

Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig Intro (1080p)
Ghost in the Shell (1995) Intro (1080p)
Ghost in the Shell (1995) Will Return (1080p)

...and a little Cowboy Bebop:

Cowboy Bebop The Movie Knockin On Heaven's Door Is Next (1080p)

I used an old color restoration tool on this bump with the exception of the scene where Elektra first engages Spike in the fight. (There was a red color shift that made it unusable.)

Next up will be Fullmetal Alchemist and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm going to try to make more bumps before this year's end. I assume that once the "Intruder" series has finished, Toonami will be using new graphics. So, I intend to make one for "Basilisk," "Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal" and there's one possibility that for now I'm keeping secret--let's just say that it involves Outlaw Star, Gundam WIng Endless Waltz, Dragon Ball Z, and what would be Tenchi in Tokyo, but I'm replacing it with scenes from Neon Genesis Evangelion. It will have a run time that's longer than anything I've ever done. I've worked on it little by little for the past couple of months, but I'm going to see how it turns out before releasing it. I also have intentions of creating a Samurai Champloo 1-minute promo for which I have the perfect song. I don't know if I'll be able to do all of this before the new year, but I'm definitely going to try with every spare minute I have. Until next time, guys.

Athias

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) 2nd Season Promo Remastered (1080p)

Note: The video I used is from the R1 blu-ray. Unfortunately for this fantastic series, the blu-ray is an upscale--not True HD. It isn't a terrible upscale--some of the scenes are really crisp and superior to the DVD's; however, most scenes aren't. Luckily for this project, most of the scenes I used were from Ed's fight with Greed, which looks great about 80% (random proportion) of the time. This is easily one of my favorite promos (and projects.) It's so nostalgic. Well... Evangelion will be next.

Jeff

I always appreciate your offerings, Athias.  Been a few weeks since my last breeze-by, so just getting to your last few.  You don't need me to tell you, but you've got a real talent for it.  Loved all the GITS, especially, that's another personal favorite.  I had three wishes, I'd give serious thought to making one of them be for a third season of GITS:SAC.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more about your secret project.  It seems like this is a labor of love for you, and it shows.

Athias

Quote from: Jeff on December 23, 2015, 03:14:45 AM
I always appreciate your offerings, Athias.  Been a few weeks since my last breeze-by, so just getting to your last few.  You don't need me to tell you, but you've got a real talent for it.  Loved all the GITS, especially, that's another personal favorite.  I had three wishes, I'd give serious thought to making one of them be for a third season of GITS:SAC.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more about your secret project.  It seems like this is a labor of love for you, and it shows.

Thanks a lot Jeff. Believe me, I understand your love of GITS: SAC. I still remember the first night it premiered on adult swim. It's easily one of the best anime series out there.

As for my secret project, well... I know I said that Evangelion would be next, but I'm afraid I have to break that promise. But you know what? The video that I uploaded today knows a little something about "broken promises":

Toonami 3.0 - Broken Promise (Dreams) Pseudo-Remastered [1080p]

So, just to give a little information about this release: for the most part, this is a remaster of the quintessential "Broken Promise [Dreams]" Toonami video. The reason I've added the "pseudo" to this remaster, despite most of my videos--if not all--being pseudo, is that I taken five scenes out of the original. I removed the five scenes from "Tenchi in Tokyo" and "Tenchi Universe" and I've replaced them with five scenes from "Neon Genesis Evangelion." I've made these changes for two reasons: (1)While I did have acess to a copy of Tenchi in Tokyo, I couldn't get my hands on Tenchi Universe, and (2) I never liked the inclusion of the Tenchi series in this video, and have always thought that Neon Genesis Evangelion would be a better fit, especially given the theme. I chose the Neon Genesis Evangelion scenes based on their similarity to the Tenchi scenes, and whether they would suit the context of the music. So hopefully the scenes don't appear too foreign. I've worked on this project little by little for the past couple of months, trying to make it look as close to the original, while maintaining the Toonami 3.0 theme, as possible. All the scenes that I've used are 1080p TrueHD (no upscales.) As for the rest, I included the 4:3 graphic I used in the fullmetal alchemist promo, the Toonami 3.0 title card, and I had even created the mask that splits the screen of the Outlaw Star rocketing to space into five screens. The music is specifically from the 2012 April Fools promo. Well... that's all the relevant information I can think of. All feedback is welcomed.

(Just to be clear, this is the secret project of which I spoke.)

Jeff

Just watched it a few times in a row.  Slow, rising applause from me.

Everything fit together seamlessly and your additions fit the theme nicely.  Along with a handful of bumps from that era, the JBV music videos are more or less AS canon to me.  I really like what you did with the video, and thanks for sharing.

XD_LaughingMan_XD

Whats up with the main website has me scared were dying out as a community :( :( and i love bumps :)
I laugh Because No else Will HA HA HA HA

Athias

Quote from: Jeff on December 27, 2015, 01:37:12 AM
Just watched it a few times in a row.  Slow, rising applause from me.

Everything fit together seamlessly and your additions fit the theme nicely.  Along with a handful of bumps from that era, the JBV music videos are more or less AS canon to me.  I really like what you did with the video, and thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Jeff. I was hoping that the Evangelion scenes would fit nicely. I'm glad you liked it.

For a little change of pace, I decided to create one particular bump that pays homage to those Cowboy Bebop satellite-zoom bumps. I was watching one of them recently and it suddenly dawned on me that I understood the concept behind creating those videos. So this is my rendition of said bumps:

Cowboy Bebop Is Next (Satellite Imagery) [1080p]

It seems as though youtube has diminished an effect--or perhaps it doesn't appear well on youtube--on the video. I used an old television simulator effect to give it a nostalgic vibe. It's there on the original, but I can't identify the effect when watching the youtube version. Scratch that -- it's visible when watching it in 1080p. (I'd presume it's also visible in 720p.) Just in case anyone forgot what these bumps look like, they are here on this site:

Cowboy Bebop Tokyo - Next

Cowboy Bebop Tokyo - Return

Cowboy Bebop Tokyo - Back

This next bump is one that I've been meaning to release for a while now. In all honestly, every time I upload a set of bumps, I just forget to include it. So here it is finally:

Cowboy Bebop is Next (Typewriter) [1080p]

Jeff

I was considering holding off on replying for a bit to give someone else a chance, so it's not just a you-and-me conversation, Athias, but I have to say I really like the typewriter bump.  It's one of those things where I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's one of my favorites I've seen you do.  Maybe the blurriness, because I'm so fond of the old tilt-shift bumps, I don't know, but I like it.

I googled the latitude and longitude of the satellite imagery, and found... a book on thermal imaging of New York/New Jersey(?)  What am I missing?