Main Menu

Toonami Bumps

Started by Zenigundam, April 29, 2006, 09:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Beefy on May 31, 2012, 03:22:24 PMI got a request for some 2007-era Toonami bumps where they announce the Adult Swim show that's on next. 

I have some for Space Ghost, The Oblongs, Futurama, and maybe Venture Bros.
Any objections to me uploading them here?

Well, I guess The Oblongs is on Toonami. Better go tune in!

Beefy

Is anyone else having issues playing the HD Toonami bumps from April and May 2012?

I wait for the video to finish buffering before I click the play button.
The video stays on the first frame, but I still hear the audio playing.
The video doesn't start playing until half way through the bump.
After the video finishes and I click play a second time the video plays fine.

Anyone else noticing this, or is it just my crappy six year-old computer?

EDIT: It also happens on this bump.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

mongo

I don't have that particular issue in my computer, however I can rarely watch any HD streaming video from here; the audio keeps playing and I see the bump in the background, but it's blocked by a gray screen and pixelation.

If anyone else is noticing issues, however, please comment.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Sheesh... I've been trying to reply for 20 minutes :-P it says the site is taking too long to respond. Maybe something's going on out there in cyberspace.

Anyway, my crappy mostly five year old computer chokes on a lot of bumps in Firefox, but then I also have 73 tabs open at the moment... and I need to clean up my plugins. They play fine in Chrome, but I try to have less than 15 tabs open in that one... separate processes blah blah blah...

Tried IE9 on the two year old beast, no problems there.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Jeff

I tried a few including the one you linked, Beefy, and all are working fine here.

Daikun

What browser are you using, Beefy? Adobe's latest Flash update has been a glitchy pain in the ass for me. It sucks on every video site except YouTube.

To combat this problem, I've been using Firefox's IE Tab extension to make BumpWorthy play smoother.

Beefy

I'm using Mozilla SeaMonkey, the offspring of Netscape Communicator and Firefox.  I mostly use it for the built-in HTML editor.
This has been happening for a while, not just with the latest Flash Player.

This bump plays fine for me.  It's one that I encoded.
If I had to guess I think it's an encoding setting for H.264 that's being used on the bumps before they're uploaded to the site that's causing the problem.  Could be too many B-frames or maybe trellis.
Without seeing the encoder settings it's hard to tell. 
I do know that YouTube dials back some of the more advanced features of H.264, which is why their videos tend to have greater playback compatibility across browsers and devices.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.

NumyMufn

Same story for me... stalls in Firefox but plays fine in Chrome.  :|

I'm awake.

Beefy

Quote from: NumyMufn on June 02, 2012, 09:56:28 PM
Same story for me... stalls in Firefox but plays fine in Chrome.  :|

Well with 70 tabs open, you're playing with fire. :-P

Ha ha!  Playing with fire... Firefox...

NumyMufn

hah  :-D

... I know... but I used to have 100+ on a regular basis without a problem. [rambling deleted] :oops:

If someone with my issues asked me what to do I'd tell them to get a new hard drive and start over. I do not relish that thought.

Anyway, I tried your NTSF bump and the Russian bump in FF on an older computer - I'm not sure exactly how old but it still has a 3.5 inch diskette drive. I had similar results to what you are experiencing. I also tried my phone and the bumps are not playing as well as they used to.

I'm awake.

Daikun

What's the difference between this and this? They look exactly the same to me.

mongo

I forgot to change something :-P There we go, thanks for pointing it out!
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Daikun

Supernova Megamix was released a while ago.

I think it's time for a bit of hunting. ;)

I recognized one of the tracks as the current Cowboy Bebop bumps.

NumyMufn

Thanks for the link, man  8-) I'm a holiday zombie (not quite out of the woods yet) and I don't get much time for this sort of thing from a week before Thanksgiving until the last relative leaves (that would be next Monday.) I will get on it, and lots of other Toonami stuff I've let pile up since May. Where does the time go  :|

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

...oh, and Lol and track 12  :-D I recognize that from the video Steve Blum posted when he had the flu.

I'm awake.