Main Menu

Bumps zip file

Started by CanadaGoose, March 11, 2010, 10:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadaGoose

Hi, is there a way all the bumps can be consolidated into a zip file or something like it? I'd like to dl all of them, but there are so many it would take all day to click each one. I found something on a bittorrent site, but there were only a small amount, maybe 50 or so. Would it even be possible to consolidate them all into a one time downloadable file?

Thanks,

CG

mongo

That would take a few GBs... I don't think it's entirely possible. :|
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

ctrl + alt + de1337

That would be pretty much impossible due to the fact there's like 400 bumps, a few KB's a piece. Therefore, it would be like 7 GB's (?BER GUESS!!1!) and .zip's can't hold that much memory, nor .rar's....
Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge.

terrorist96

Quote from: djbosely on March 12, 2010, 04:34:12 PM
That would be pretty much impossible due to the fact there's like 400 bumps, a few KB's a piece. Therefore, it would be like 7 GB's (?BER GUESS!!1!) and .zip's can't hold that much memory, nor .rar's....
That's not what their site says. Regardless, making a .rar of all the bumps on the site would take forever. (Keep in mind that a lot of bumps aren't on the site. Mainly plain black and white bumps and some older bumps that were hard to come by.)

mongo

Quote from: djbosely on March 12, 2010, 04:34:12 PM

I think it'd be 4 to 5 GBs. And well, theoretically it would be possible to do it, but it would be horribly impractical (It would be either "risk having a 5GB download time out" or "make a plausibly downloadable 500 part rar file"), not to mention server space, bandwidth and everything else involved. And whoa, a bump torrent? Never seen that before :-o.

Quote from: terrorist96 on March 12, 2010, 05:00:35 PM
That's not what their site says. Regardless, making a .rar of all the bumps on the site would take forever. (Keep in mind that a lot of bumps aren't on the site. Mainly plain black and white bumps and some older bumps that were hard to come by.)

True, it'd take forever to make as well. And it'd be technically incomplete to boot.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

crab

I would totally do a bump torrent if we weren't constantly adding more and more.  I suppose I could just do all the current ones and make an updated one every now and then (like twice a year at the most)... lol.  I like the idea, but I don't know how easy it will be to make it happen.  I'll look more into the torrent at least.

ctrl + alt + de1337

Quote from: crab on March 13, 2010, 03:02:38 AM
I would totally do a bump torrent if we weren't constantly adding more and more.  I suppose I could just do all the current ones and make an updated one every now and then (like twice a year at the most)... lol.  I like the idea, but I don't know how easy it will be to make it happen.  I'll look more into the torrent at least.

How are you guys constantly adding more and more? Adult Swim is only on at night time..

NumyMufn

Quote from: djbosely on March 13, 2010, 10:10:43 AM

How are you guys constantly adding more and more? Adult Swim is only on at night time..
There are new bumps every week.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

ctrl + alt + de1337

Quote from: NumyMufn on March 13, 2010, 11:17:50 AM
Quote from: djbosely on March 13, 2010, 10:10:43 AM

There are new bumps every week.

Really? :o

mongo

Yeah! Every Sunday night, with a few scattered during the week at times.

ctrl + alt + de1337

Quote from: mongo on March 15, 2010, 03:18:05 AM
Yeah! Every Sunday night, with a few scattered during the week at times.

How do you know? Does the video card like have updated things every time you go on teh pc?

NumyMufn

Do you even watch [adult swim]  :?

The format changes periodically, and I don't have time at the moment for a full dissertation on the matter (I should do that one day) but in general, the b&w text bumps are rotated out on a weekly basis. Most of them will never air again, but once in awhile they pull some out of the mothballs for re-air - something they seem to have started to do more often of late. We watch/record every night, there are lists kept. And while I don't imagine any one of us remembers EVERY single bump ever aired, between the group of us fixated on the bumps we have a pretty good collective memory of them.  :mrgreen:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

CanadaGoose

Quote from: crab on March 13, 2010, 03:02:38 AM

I like this even better, if you can put it on U torrent that would be great!

Nebberz

I have been searching all over the internet for a collection of adult swim bumps.  Does anyone know if Crab ever took the time to make a torrent of the bumps currently collected up to this point?

It would be a lot easier to simply go through them locally on the PC.

For those of you concerned about the size...I'm looking at a 223.48 gb torrent right now: Alldata portable Repair.

I don't think 6-7 gigs really compares :P

mongo

It's not gonna happen, man. Again, the constant updating would make it irrelevant in less than a month. I know what you mean about having them locally on the PC, but best bet would be getting a download manager.