Main Menu

B&W Cards - "Name That Tune"

Started by HomeMovies609, February 08, 2006, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

I admire your perseverance!  8)  By all means - any light that can be shed will be welcomed.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Quote from: HomeMovies609Hey you guys are always rockin it hard and full of info. I'm looking for the music to the newer bump that is " the history of bump making " it ends with " this could take awhile, watch futurama "

The music rocks and was wondering if you guys could please hook me up with the artist or name of the song, anks fellas

That's called "Mash" from J Dilla's latest release 'Donuts'  :)  You can get it here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AP2ZDK/sr=8-1/qid=1143813213/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-1733584-5308759?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I'm awake.

hackernuse

Okay well I now I am new to the boards, but I have been searching high and low for the one bump song.  It goes way back when, when adult swim first started to air its saturday anime line up.  Basically they would preview the show before it came on, like bits from different episodes and a robotic computer voice would say "All kids out of the pool, adult swim is next" There were two songs, one a slightly techno tokyo beat and the other darker type of beat do any of you remember it.  IF you do you would give me no life.... and serious i would be the happiest person alive.... you would see me and be like wat the hell....he's a little to happy haha well thanks

NumyMufn

I'm afraid the news isn't good - I've cobbled together a couple of posts that I made on the subject at the ASMB so if it's incoherent I apologize, but really I'm not awake yet  :lol: and my computer is currently stupid so I can't test the links  :oops:  

Have you been to www.asfdotcom.net? In the download section, under 'Adult Swim General' scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page - the original AS promos are there, I think you're referring to one of the Action clips - 5th, 6th and 7th from the bottom. Oh my - I don't see the Intro there anymore  :shock:  Nevermind - that one is at the very TOP of the page (D'oh!) Anyway, they were done by Joe Boyd Vigil who was employed by Turner at the time, but no longer. The only other place I've heard some of these 'effects' are on the Toonami  Black Hole Mega Mix (Track 18 ), and the two promos' um... effect was also used on the cd "Ghetto Pop Life" by Danger Mouse & Gemini, on the song "What U Sittin' On?" (sample at Amazon, Track 5) You might also be interested in the out of print Toonami Deep Space Bass cd (sorry, no samples there  :cry: just a track listing) which sounds enough like those bits of music that I guessed it was by the same person long before I had it confirmed.

I'm awake.

hackernuse

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :o  :o    I am the freakin jolly olly man because of you thank you ...... i can't say anything else..... i am in ur debt 100 fold...

Pleiam

I just listened to "my name is" and now know thats not the one I was looking for. If anyone has a lit of the commercials playing on [as] during winter '05 I should be able to locate the music I am looking for. Details at bottom of this message. Thanks

Quote from: Pleiam
Quote from: NumyMufnI'm not sure but I think maybe you are looking for the bump saying you should vote for MC Chris for Spin Magazine's Band of the Year  - since there is no voting involved in the Viewer Music Project. If so here it is:

McChris - My Name Is

Thanks for the reply. I think McChris - My Name Is, is the one I am looking for.  I haven't found a clip of the track yet. I'll check back here often to see if anyone has the bump clip or a portion of the track.

Thanks

I have been looking for the bump that contains the following info:

It primarily promotes the viewer music project.
I heard it during Dec. 05 Jan. 06
A vocalist in the music says something like "whoo, yeah..."
The bump narrator says, "Vote for (his/their) music at..."

I know its not much info but thats all I can think of. I have listened to all the bump music at [as] and haven't found it.

NumyMufn

Ok, ... well I do have pretty much everything recorded from that time period but your description still has me confused. I know the brain has a funny way of filling in the blanks for us so lets try to sort this out :)

1) There is no voting involved in the viewer music project, so we need to pick either voting OR VMP

2) Bumps typically don't have narrators - just B&W text or colorful pictures w/music. Was it possibly a promo? Have you checked out the promo downloads at www.asfdotcom.net ?

3) Can you remember what it looked like? ANYthing at all? Was it B&W text or something in color, a single still photo/drawing or something in motion or more of a slide-show?

4) What kind of music was it? Was the vocal male, female, high-pitched male... were there any other lyrics besides what you posted, even if you don't remember what they were? (There is a promo for weekday anime with an electric keyboard and female vocal that says 'Ooh yeah' and nothing else between clips of the anime shows)

5) Do you remember what show you were watching? Action block or Comedy?

I'm sorry if that all sounds crazy but sometimes the oddest thing can spark the memory, and at the very least it might help my narrow the search. :)

I'm awake.

Sour BBQ

I need the song that plays right before Samurai Champloo. It says "it's time (in big letters) for more" and this little black guy comes out with a clock on his chest and there's a bg white tree behind him...it's like a 12 second clip. I LOVE THAT SONG I NEED IT!!! (~_^)

mongo

That bump was here a while ago, I have it somewhere... don't know the name of a song, but I think it was a Turner Library song. (by the way, I've noticed some missing bumps on the site, like that one, the b&w [as] is Your Friend and a few more, I have them all just in case). If I find anything, I'll let you know.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

It's still here http://www.bumpworthy.com/bump_display.php?bid=79 but it is in fact a library track that we can't locate. We do have a title - "Acid Test" - but it's one of those titles that will return a multitude of songs that you AREN'T looking for :( sorry - if we ever do track it down we'll be sure to post it on the bump's page

I'm awake.

TeenageMutantNinjaSoup

Hey, i'm new here, i would like to ask what this music i am looking for. It is how you say... a B&W bump :?: , it showed up on a Sunday during Venture Bros. at around 10:13 p.m. It started with a pixel title of AdultSwim. Afterwards, it showed a list of Adult Swim shows and their time in a column in the middle and had the word "Fix Up" on the side. I hope you guys could find it. Thank you.

TeenageMutantNinjaSoup

Oh yea i forgot to mention, in the background of the bump, there was a man  echoing his cry.   :!:

NumyMufn

Without a date I'm not 100% sure if I have the right bump from your description, but it sounds like you mean "The Fix Lineup" bump where the Adult Swim logo scrolls up from the bottom to some 8-bit game type music (called 'Secede' which can be found on Ilkae's 'Bovine Rearrangement' CD) then it segues into the middle eastern style music while it lists the episodes on The Fix for the week, and it says [all times and music eastern] down in the lower left corner.... even though there are no times on this bump  :P The music is from Firstcom.com which only deals with licensed production companies. We lowly civilians are allowed to listen to the tracks - we just can't download them. If you go to Firstcom.com and enter "Mandeer" in the quick search box then when it comes up click on the 'Details' button and you can listen to the different mixes of the song.

I'm awake.

TeenageMutantNinjaSoup

1000 Thank yous grand master NumyMufn.  :cry:

NumyMufn

You're welcome??? ....but I made you cry!! :roll:

I'm awake.