Main Menu

Update for "Mighty Boosh Song" bump

Started by tornadostooge, May 08, 2009, 10:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tornadostooge

Hi, my name is Michael and I'm new to the Bumpworthy boards. I may not be a fan of some Adult Swim shows, but some of their shows like "Family Guy", "Robot Chicken", "Space Ghost Coast To Coast", "The Brak Show", and "Sealab 2021" are too good to pass up (as well as their hillarious current bumps).

Anyways, I like to put in an update on the "Mighty Boosh Song" bump:

http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1421

The song title is actually "Ice Flow Song" by Howard & Vince of The Mighty Boosh. It's not on any album I know of, but you can see the entire skit/song courtesy of BBCWorldwide's YouTube channel.

Link to "Ice Flow Song" video (High Quality version)

mongo

Nice find!! Welcome to the forums  :-D!
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

This is a tough call  :| I know it's the BBC's channel but if there's no official release, well, lets just say while searching the internet I get results for "Tundra" or "Tundra Rap" and it occurred to me that "Flow" is even misspelled in the title of that YouTube video. It's spelled "Floe" when referring to an 'ice floe' - so I'm leaving both in the title field and leaving 'flow' in the tag.

My best guess (this is only a guess) is that "Tundra" is possibly the track title on the CD release of the radio version of the show, which would of course, be the scene title not necessarily the song title. Drat, there's also that live release that I can't find a track listing for :P
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Okay, I have both on order  :| let's hope it helps

I'm awake.

terrorist96

I just saw the episode from last night that had this scene in it. The closed captions had it has "ice floe" when they said that part of the song. So I think the BBC youtube video was just mislabeled. I know closed captions can be wrong a lot of the time, but a lot of the time, they are directly from the show's script.

NumyMufn

I left all of it in, I did get my copy of the radio show and it is just labeled with the episode title "Tundra" - the live performances aren't labeled at all. And it's been my experience the closed captioning is done well after the fact as opposed to subtitles, which seem to be directly from the script. I watch closed captioning all the time and the mistakes are sometimes downright hilarious.

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Also for the "Mighty Boosh Song 2" bump, should Mighty Boosh be the artist? I do know that Julian Barratt composes all of the show's music.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

NumyMufn

I think it should remain The Mighty Boosh. It's not just the name of the show, it's the name by which the primary cast is collectively known.  If it were Flight of the Conchords I wouldn't list it as Jemaine & Bret; if it were a Beatle's song I would put The Beatles, not Lennon & McCartney, y'know? :| When we list library tracks we put the composers' names because the performing artists' names are not given (unless they are by chance one and the same as is the case with Mike Garson or Dweezil Zappa for example.)

I'm awake.

mongo

Quote from: NumyMufn on July 19, 2009, 01:43:20 AM
I think it should remain The Mighty Boosh. It's not just the name of the show, it's the name by which the primary cast is collectively known.  If it were Flight of the Conchords I wouldn't list it as Jemaine & Bret; if it were a Beatle's song I would put The Beatles, not Lennon & McCartney, y'know? :| When we list library tracks we put the composers' names because the performing artists' names are not given (unless they are by chance one and the same as is the case with Mike Garson or Dweezil Zappa for example.)

Agreed 100%.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

blackliquid009

Quote from: mongo on July 19, 2009, 03:35:27 AM
Quote from: NumyMufn on July 19, 2009, 01:43:20 AM

Agreed 100%.

I agree as well actually. It's just that it doesn't even say The Mighty Boosh. It says Unknown.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

NumyMufn

I'm awake.

mongo

Quote from: NumyMufn on July 21, 2009, 09:21:33 PM
>.>

<.<

no it doesn't

>.>

(d'oh!)
:oops:  :roll:

:lol:!!! It happens  :-P. Thanks for the heads up blackliquid009, I hadn't even noticed that.

NumyMufn

:lol:

In my defense I didn't even notice that he had specified #2, and this thread was originally about #1 ...

... are you buyin' it?

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it  :-D

I'm awake.

mongo

Quote from: NumyMufn on July 21, 2009, 10:11:49 PM
:lol:

In my defense I didn't even notice that he had specified #2, and this thread was originally about #1 ...

... are you buyin' it?

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it  :-D

Loophole, the system works!   8-) :lol: