Main Menu

australian wallabies bump and old bump

Started by tae180, July 09, 2009, 10:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tae180

ok recently i have seen a bump during the airing of family guy it was a bump about Australia and wallabies and this incredible  beat was playing during it sounded something familiar to flying lotus work but im not sure if anyone knows the song that was playing during the bump please send me a link or just the name of the song also i saw a bump few years back all i remember is that it shows a white image of the main character from anime blue gender which aired on adult swim and this outstanding beat was playing that really took me to another world if anyone knows what im talking about i must know the name of that song i have been looking for years and had no luck so i would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if someone would tell me the name of the song please.

lildudenc

Hey, I'm looking for this bump that's been playing during family guy commercials. It's begins by saying "when you hear about crop circles.." After that it talks about wallabies getting high on opium making crop circles. If anyone could tell me the lil' beat in that bump it would be highly appreciated.  :-D

NumyMufn

[Topics merged]

I'm leaning toward Flying Lotus, but I can't find anything that matches.  :|  I happen to know they have more than one of his unreleased CD's at their disposal. On the other hand, the random viewer card running this week asking about Williams St Records being up to anything combined with a number of unidentified tracks has me quite suspicious.

The bump will be uploaded later, primary uploader dude mongo is on vacation this week.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Quote from: tae180 on July 09, 2009, 10:37:30 AMi saw a bump few years back all i remember is that it shows a white image of the main character from anime blue gender which aired on adult swim and this outstanding beat was playing that really took me to another world if anyone knows what im talking about i must know the name of that song i have been looking for years and had no luck so i would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if someone would tell me the name of the song please.
This one's a little harder. A lot of the old bumps had silhouettes, was it the title card right before the show started? I might be able to find one of those.

I'm awake.

lildudenc

Awesome, thanks a bunch! Will you post back when it's uploaded?

tjm5155

Okay so I'n new here, and I've been trying to track down this song for days. 

All I can remember from the bump is that is has a kangaroo bouncing up and down at one point and the mooninites from ATHF are also in it. 

I know its vague but if anyone knows the name of the song,  it's greatly appreciated!!!

NumyMufn

I can only offer the Flying Lotus theory at the moment, the bump itself is waiting in the upload queue so we'll have something to reference  :|

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

I've been doing some thorough searching for the song for the crop circles bump as well as the Japan flags one. I'm almost completely sure that they are both Flying Lotus, or if not then possibly FLYamSAM.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

lildudenc

Quote from: blackliquid009 on July 18, 2009, 10:35:59 PM
I've been doing some thorough searching for the song for the crop circles bump as well as the Japan flags one. I'm almost completely sure that they are both Flying Lotus, or if not then possibly FLYamSAM.

How are you sure it's flying lotus if you don't know the title of the song?

NumyMufn

When you don't have any solid clues you have to play your hunches  :-)  It doesn't always work but you have to start somewhere, and sometimes you find other things that you had given up on. If I just waited for titles to fall in my lap I'd never find anything  :lol:

I'm awake.

lildudenc

Quote from: NumyMufn on July 19, 2009, 10:06:33 AM
When you don't have any solid clues you have to play your hunches  :-)  It doesn't always work but you have to start somewhere, and sometimes you find other things that you had given up on. If I just waited for titles to fall in my lap I'd never find anything  :lol:

Well yeah that's true, but he said " almost completely sure." How can you "almost" be "completely" sure..lol.. See what I'm sayin'?

But yeah I've been trying to find that beat everywhere. I even used that program tutanic, which identifies an mp3's frequency/melody (whatever the word is), and matches it with one from an internet database of mp3's. Had no luck though, even went to youtube and other forums but I haven't even got close. Hope someone finds it.

NumyMufn

It's like being almost full...

I think what we need to find is a zip or rar file named "Flying Lotus Returns." It's like 'Raw Cartoons' - no official release, it's just what was submitted to [as] during the VMP. I only found it one place but it required registration and it looked a little sketchy to me  :| Call me paranoid, I am.

I'm awake.

lildudenc

Quote from: NumyMufn on July 19, 2009, 08:18:24 PM
It's like being almost full...

I think what we need to find is a zip or rar file named "Flying Lotus Returns." It's like 'Raw Cartoons' - no official release, it's just what was submitted to [as] during the VMP. I only found it one place but it required registration and it looked a little sketchy to meĀ  :| Call me paranoid, I am.

Yeah lol.

But can you send the link to me or anything? (I'm new to this forum so if anything like that is against the rules my apologies). But yeah I have seen youtube video after video desperately trying to find the beat as well lol. I'm going to go check that out though.

Edit:

Okay I got a torrent with flying lotus containing albums 1983, Los Angeles, Raw Cartoons, Reset EP, and Blackfist. I've went through every song an no luck =/ The Flying Lotus Returns Mix only yields results from bogus torrent sites. So if it is that only [as] has it correct?

NumyMufn

Sorry, I didn't catch your edit before  :oops: Yes, [as] has it, this I know. I doubt anyone else does or we'd be able to find it, but that's just a hunch. I don't know if it was from the VMP or a demo done later.

On a side note, I hadn't heard of The Black Fist before. I tracked it down and found the Golf Leaderboard track (sort of) so thanks for the tip on that  :wink:

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Quote from: NumyMufn on July 29, 2009, 12:42:10 AM
Sorry, I didn't catch your edit before  :oops: Yes, [as] has it, this I know. I doubt anyone else does or we'd be able to find it, but that's just a hunch. I don't know if it was from the VMP or a demo done later.

On a side note, I hadn't heard of The Black Fist before. I tracked it down and found the Golf Leaderboard track (sort of) so thanks for the tip on that  :wink:

I'm pretty sure that the song for Golf Leaderboard is indeed called "Spin Cycles". I've heard the song elsewhere and it is exactly the same as the song in the video you found on youtube (I just watched the same one). The track is going to be released on the LA EP 3X3, as shown here: http://warp.net/records/flying-lotus/la-ep-3-x-3-plus-brainfeeder-in-london-lineup
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher