Main Menu

Available from

Started by kingnate, March 13, 2008, 08:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingnate

I don't know how hard this is to pull off, but I think it would be great if there was category from where the music is available from. Like extrememusic.com for example.

NumyMufn

If a track is found at either Extreme, Firstcom, or APM we always list it as such. Having said that, library music is kind of a touchy area. Since they don't deal with the general public they don't want a bunch of non-professionals gumming up their system. Which is why we try to make it clear on each one that it is not available but can be listened to and directions to find the track are usually given - although some of them are now outdated. Many libraries do not even offer a guest search, credentials must be provided just to browse their wares :P I don't want to see theses places close the gates on us. I know crab has received email from at least one of them and I also know that someone almost lost their job giving out inside information. In the interest of keeping this site alive it's the best we can do at this point.  :-(
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

kingnate

I see. I didn't know they sent an email. I guess it's good not to list where the music came from then.