Main Menu

Forum Skin Question

Started by Jeff, April 30, 2013, 08:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hi all.

I would've PM'ed this, but wasn't sure to whom to direct.

In the forum skin/appearance, everything seems bigger as of a few weeks ago.  Was this an across the board (no pun intended) change?  If so, I was a little partial to the previous, more compact look, would there be a possibility of having this as a user option?

Thanks.

NumyMufn

But I like puns :D

As someone who keeps her browsers zoomed I'm often caught between being able to read and being able to see the big picture. It does feel like a lot of scrolling with this layout, especially in Chrome. On the plus side I can read what I'm typing right now :)
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

crab

Yeah, I'm not a fan of having to scroll more either.  I had to update the theme because it was giving a bunch of errors on the backend.  I'll play with the styles a little bit to see if I can make it more compact again.

crab

I've done about as much as I can to shrink the vertical spacing down.  Is it any better now?  Also, remember you can collapse the header to save a bunch of space up top.

Jeff

I don't see it looking too noticeably different, but thanks for trying.  It's certainly nothing deal-breaking or anything, just figured I'd ask.  Maybe something to keep on the back burner for future consideration.

NumyMufn

What browser are you using? For me Firefox is less up & down scrolling, but still fully stretched across the screen. Chrome is more compact side-to-side, still more up & down scrolling than FF but less so than it was before.

To be fair, I think some of that in my case has to do with my Chrome fonts set to "large" ... it messes with the bump thumbnail displays as well.

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Side note: I was on an older version of Firefox (14) earlier today. It didn't stretch the board out to the edges.

I'm awake.

Jeff

Firefox 19.0.2 here.  The layout is stretched mostly across the entire screen, with some empty grey area on either side (which I like, personally, rather than completely-completely across).

I'm assuming this is all as intended, but I'll be happy to post a screenshot if anyone's curious how it looks in this version of the browser.  Again, it's nothing deal-breaking, and I have actually always been very fond of the color and font scheme of this iteration of the forum.

Nourie

I think i like the bigger set up o.o...post a screenie im curious to see what your seeing.
Yeah.....
                         I'm pretty messed up.

Thats ok. c:

Jeff

Here's a screenshot, but for the record, the new format has grown on me and I wouldn't want much adjusted at this point.

Nourie

Thats good.Yeah it all looks pretty good to me!<:

Btw,your continued use of xp i find adorable.Lmfao. Keepin it retro :3!
Yeah.....
                         I'm pretty messed up.

Thats ok. c:

NumyMufn

I don't know why that's funny  :| I spend most of my time on an XP comp.

I'm awake.

Nourie

Its not a bad thing x3. Its just once of those things that makes me smile.Its an older os and it still gets the job done i know but its just one of those things for meh i guess x3.DUN BE SAD I MEAN NO HARM D:! :|
Yeah.....
                         I'm pretty messed up.

Thats ok. c: