Main Menu

I'm depressed...

Started by NumyMufn, June 02, 2010, 01:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

Upon further inspection, my motherboard has four bulging capacitors  :cry: even if a new power supply brings it back to life it probably won't be long before the mobo gives out, and as it turns out this is the biggest POS comp I've owned yet. I thought I was done with this proprietary crap
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

terrorist96

Hey, now. All the more reason to upgrade! Try to get one with USB 3.0 and/or eSATA. :)

NumyMufn

I'm not exactly loaded at the moment, quite the contrary.  :| I'm really grateful the old slowmobile is quite functional, just slow. I actually have a dual SATA drive dock that I can hook up to her with the hard drives from the other computer. I'm just really irked I spent so much money on something that only lasted three years. I'm thinking I'll build my own this time.

I'm awake.

terrorist96

What's your price range? My system cost a total of like ~$1650 to build, and that's including my 24 inch monitor, UPS, 1TB external HDD and enclosure, capture card, wireless printer, etc.

NumyMufn

Well, I'm really behind square one at the moment. First I have to see if the new power supply is of any use to at least buy me some time.

I'm awake.

mongo

Damn, that really sucks. You could build a nice, functional model for under a grand, but I know what it's like to be on a tight budget  :|.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

kornseph

Hey newegg.com is a beautiful thing, you can definatly build something good for under a grand if you pinch your pennies and wait for the good sales. :)
Bloody F**king Hell

NumyMufn

Well I did it... yesterday afternoon - I got out of there under a grand after rebates. When I woke up this morning I was still a tad nauseous from putting it on my credit card  :-P Then I checked my email and IT'S ARRIVING TODAY!!!  :-o How do they do that? Now I just have to hope I can assemble this thing without breaking anything, that I didn't screw up any compatibility issues and have enough internal cables.

I'm awake.

AdultSwimBumpChannel

Bah. Computers. Who needs 'em.  :-P

NumyMufn

I DO!!!! I DO!!!!! :-o

...and it turns out I really like building them  :-D

I'm awake.

Kaizerwolf

Quote from: NumyMufn on August 26, 2010, 10:11:36 AM

Well see, there you go! It'll all get better soon enough buddy, give it some time. I wasn't really into building computers, but over this summer, my brother wanted to teach me about it. I have to say, I don't remember ANY of it, but it was a hell of a fun time. :D

AdultSwimBumpChannel

Quote from: NumyMufn on August 26, 2010, 10:11:36 AM

I guess I can kinda relate to this. I tried bulding a synthesizer once. Didn't go down so well.
It ended up melting  :-o