Main Menu

Reminiscent of the Tokyo bumps

Started by crab, March 04, 2012, 12:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crab

Here is a collage of various scenes from around Japan.  Reminds me a lot of the Tokyo bumps.  They even have the location and approximate time listed in the corner.  :lol:  Thought some of you might be interested --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrUv7qb4P8

Jeff

I liked it, watched it all the way through.  Makes me want to visit.  Thanks for sharing.

mongo

Wow, that was way cool, man! I wish my camerawork was that pretty :lol: . Makes me want to visit as well... Was it just me or did anyone elae flashback to scenes from GitS and Samurai Champloo? :-P Thanks for sharing!
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Ryan D.

Beautiful video!  Very interesting and tranquil.  I was thinking the exact same thing, Mongo.  Samurai Champloo really portrayed every single location in Japan, from the warm/tropic regions to the slightly snowy scenes of the North.  Some of the narrow streets lined with shops and restaurants reminded me of GITS too.  This video is way better than watching the travel channel.  People talking all over everything.
"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

Well, I just had a strange experience... and I loved it!  :-D bear with me here...

After a BSOD I was restoring my tabs and of course any videos I had cued up are now autoplaying.  :roll: I stopped them all then I started watching this and after about 30 seconds I scrolled down to see what that amazing music was... well of course there is no music.  :-o well I couldn't find anything else that was playing.

Then I heard a song I just looked up for someone and realized I had the Off the Air episode "Space" playing in the background. (The tab just blended in with all my other [as] tabs.) So I figure, what the heck, I'm a music person. So I track down the song, "The Grey Ship" by Ema on YouTube... made sure both videos were fully loaded, the started the Japan video first since it's a touch longer. I really just guessed, but it turns out it's about 38 seconds. It wasn't perfect since of course it was never intended to be played together, but wow! It's just the sort of song that gets into my veins combined with that amazing imagery... I'm covered in goose bumps  :-D Thanks for making it happen!
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

...by golly, your right! :lol: Those two go together really well! Even if they don't necessarily sync up, they create quite a nice mood :-D
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Yeah, wow I just did it again... I know, this music speaks to me it but won't speak to everyone.  :roll: Lining it up in the middle is helpful. Just as the song changes tone is where the wagon is coming toward you (about 3:20 on the video and 2:50 on the music) with it's own music is good. I can't seem to replicate it...   :-P One time... it was perfect ONE time

I'm awake.

crab

Numy, that's awesome!  I tried it too.  Think I found a new way to relax.  I really like this song, thanks!

NumyMufn

I'd like to thank the guys who made "Off the Air", Microsoft for sucking and crashing, the guy who asked about the song following on "Off the Air"  and crab for sharing the 'day in Japan' video. "Space" was already my favorite 'Off the Air' but that song hadn't worked it's way under my skin until I saw it with the Japan video.

I'm awake.