Main Menu

Some Bad News...

Started by Laughingboy69, October 11, 2006, 04:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughingboy69

Just got this in the mail.

"Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Turner Broadcasting System claiming that this material is infringing:

B 07 Adult Swim Vendor Bump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X1-UBKYgyI

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):

(A) A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.

(B) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.

(C) A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

(D) The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriberis address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.

Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:

DMCA Complaints
YouTube, Inc.
PO Box 2053
San Mateo, CA 94401
Email: copyright@youtube.com

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

Copyright ? 2006 YouTube, Inc."

In case you didn't read that, Turner is basicly sending a C&D to this bump. This probably means that the rest of them will be targeted soon. As such, I'll be deleting all of my Bumps on Youtube Immediately.

This does NOT mean that I'll stop making bumps, but it will be a BumpWorthy original only, and if you don't get it the first time, too bad. :P

Ho hum. Feel free to vent...I kind of am.  :cry:

Well, I guess I found out how this all happened. I saw my name mentioned in the [as] message boards. Good thing I don't visit often, right? Anyway, I might investigate as to why they wanted me to take down that particular bump, so that future bumps can show up on Youtube. If it's an Adult Swim name usage problem, then it's an easy fix. However, if this is about music, then this will get very difficult.

As of now, all YouTube bumps have been removed and I will no longer be visiting YT again until this issue is resolved.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

It's pretty crazy if you ask me... of all the things one could complain about they pick on a bump.  :-P Do you recall, by any chance, the music used on that particular bump? Because one of them was a viewer submission and there's somethin' screwy going on with those...
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

It was bump 07, so it was a song from Yesterday's New Quintet. It's untitled and I have never heard of it until previously.

I dunno, I think it's name usage.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

It's possible... I'm not sure which one that was - did it have an actual [as] logo or something?

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Nope. The words Adult and Swim were hidden within the picture and it was the viewer's task to find it.

The picture in question. [Also a nice Wallpaper if y'all want it.]

Maybe they thought it was so bad it insulted their integrity? :P
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Wow, I never even saw the words...  :roll: where'd the photo come from?

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Came from a site called Morgue File.com. Here's what the site says:

"A place to keep post production materials for use of reference, an inactive job file. This morgue file contains free high resolution digital stock photography for either corporate or public use."

Maybe I can talk to an admin on the [as] message boards to maybe find out what happened. Does Turner own the rights to Yesterday's New Quintet?
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

I don't believe so (although I suppose it's possible) I thought they just licensed it for use on air. But the music seems to be the only thing anyone could squawk about. I mean the logo is probably copyrighted but they don't own the phrase "Adult Swim" or they'd be suing every park district pool in the country  :lol:

I'm awake.

crab

I'm gonna have to go with the argument that you can't use the "adult swim" name.  If it was the music, I would think you'd have gotten a notice from Stone's Throw Records instead of Turner.

It's good you brought this to my attention.  I don't know what it will mean for this site.  Hopefully nothing

Laughingboy69

I hope it means nothing too. I am having too much fun with bump making to just stop now.

Besides, I haven't finished QMan's stuff yet. :P

What if we, as in "Bump Worthy" made our own name that we can use for the bumps? If it turns out using [adult swim] is too much of a problem.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Hey, I don't have enough money to fight Turner Legal, but c'mon, the two words aren't even together in the picture  :roll:
As far as this site is concerned, I've wondered about that from the beginning... I'm pretty sure some insiders are aware of us  :?

I'm awake.

crab

Congrats on your 69th post!

Anyway, about the name.. I don't see any problem with that, but it might look a little cheesy.  It's up to you all, though.

I've always been pretty lax about copywrites and legalities of doing this kind of stuff, and thankfully I haven't gotten any bad emails from Turner or the like.  I've actually gotten some praise from ArcTheFinger Records for promoting their artists.  I think as long as we don't post full-music clips, or copywrited images/video, we should be alright.  Regarding things like the Adult Swim name, I think we could get away with it if I put a little disclaimer somewhere reading something such as "[adult swim] is a trademark of Turner Broadcasting System" or something to that extent.

crab

Quote from: NumyMufn on October 11, 2006, 08:19:34 PMAs far as this site is concerned, I've wondered about that from the beginning... I'm pretty sure some insiders are aware of us  :?

Aye, I keep an eye on the logs.  I've seen some hits from turner.com

NumyMufn

Are you mocking my pirate?? :x

:lol:

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing posts from insiders at the ASMB telling people to come here. 8-)

I'm awake.