Main Menu

No More "Dawn is Your Enemy" on TV

Started by mongo, February 02, 2010, 04:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

On this day, Monday, February 1st of 2010, the 5:30am (Now in Lush Color/Making Your Future/Adult Swim Master Control/The Dawn is Your Enemy) bumps stopped airing  :cry:. Very sad day considering how long they were on rotation. They've been replaced with the corresponding bumps from 1:30am. Sucky news IMO :|.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

I mostly miss that there was no special sign off bump of any kind  :cry: that was quite a letdown.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

Indeed! I was hoping for something special at the very least :-(.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Ryan D.

Did you guys notice that they stopped running "Let Us Take the Time to do Your Shirts" and "We are Against it with You"?  They were replaced last Sunday night with something about a stupid "Atomic Goat" and they ran the "Play the Chill" B&W ratings at the very end of the night, I believe.  Call me crazy but did they drop "You can be Happy" too?  I was on drugs for my cold/fever :-( and I can't quite remember. :?
"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

You're sick, too? That's the only reason I was up at that ungodly hour of the morning :P sorry to hear that :(

It wasn't the drugs, we got a new crop of bumps.  :|

I'm awake.

mongo

Yeah, they dropped the whole Sunday block too (Pathway to a Better Life, Do Your Shirts, Against it With You and You Can be Happy) :cry:. I always like new bumps, but that really bummed me out. Especially considering they're cutting most recent bumps to 5 seconds  :|.

NumyMufn

It's funny how attached you can get  :wink: I know lots of peeps will be bummed by the loss of 'You Can Be Happy'... I gotta say I love the new 'Series of Tubes' bump though  :lol:

I still want something special for the end of the night  :-P

I'm awake.

mongo

Quote from: NumyMufn on February 02, 2010, 10:06:23 PM
It's funny how attached you can get  :wink: I know lots of peeps will be bummed by the loss of 'You Can Be Happy'... I gotta say I love the new 'Series of Tubes' bump though  :lol:

I still want something special for the end of the night  :-P

If I ever told anyone how I feel about bumps I doubt I'd have any friends left :lol: love those little buggers. Series of Tubes is awesome, I love it :-D. But yeah, that's the bummer mostly, there's nothing special at the end of the night now.

NumyMufn

I consider that the CN sign-on   :| It's a 'HEY WAKE UP!' instead of the chill moment at the end of the block.  :cry:  I miss my moment of Zen.

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

Quote from: NumyMufn on February 02, 2010, 09:57:14 PM
You're sick, too? That's the only reason I was up at that ungodly hour of the morning :P sorry to hear that :(

It wasn't the drugs, we got a new crop of bumps.  :|

That's the reason that I was up too!  We're both sick.  I rarely get sick.  I take so much goodies (vitamins, herbs, minerals).  I'm almost all better now, hope that you will be soon.  Way off topic, sorry. :oops:  Alright, let me bring it back in... What is up with the stupid five second bumps!? :?  I hate that.  I will lose interest in A.S. if this continues.  Also, I'll write a very nasty letter to the heads of AS.  That will show them. :x
"The dawn is your enemy."

Beefy

That's why this site is here.  To preserve little moments out of the constant flowing river of time.

I'm bummed they got rid of the old ACTN bumps like Adult Swim Atom Bomb and The Best Things Are Collectives, but what I'll miss most of all is Baggage Room.

5 second bumps?  Those sell outs.  This is almost as bad as that Super Deluxe junk that took up bump slots.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

NumyMufn

*ugh* I hated that era... every other bump was either SuperDeluxe or Gametap rounded out with the repeating schedule bump... there wasn't much to look forward to  :-P

I'm awake.

mongo

I definitely agree as well. They got rid of so many bump slots to put up all those junk ads. Glad that's over :-P.

Quote from: Ryan D. on February 03, 2010, 10:12:54 AM
What is up with the stupid five second bumps!? :?  I hate that.  I will lose interest in A.S. if this continues.  Also, I'll write a very nasty letter to the heads of AS.  That will show them. :x

You and me both friend!! It's almost like they want to get rid of them :x.

AdultSwimBumpChannel

I'm getting fed up with [AS] these days. It's turning into another TBS or ABC (or whatever other crappy stations there are) but just late at night.