Started by NumyMufn, July 29, 2009, 01:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackliquid009

Found it!
Nicolas Van Damme:
Artist: King Midas Sound
Album: Cool Out EP
Song: Lost (Flying Lotus remix)

Here's the link to the EP info: http://rensoul.com/2009/02/king-midas-sound-cool-out-ep-f.php

And you might want to tag instrumental on the end of the name.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

NumyMufn

Hey, great work, BL  :-D One question, did you actually run across an instrumental version? I'd hate to add that and not be able to locate one  :| either way, thanks for the legwork. Mine are awful tired  :lol: (working on gay penguins right now)
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Well I did run into an instrumental, but it's on imeem.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

NumyMufn

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

NumyMufn

Awesome, thanks  :-D While we're on the subject of circumstantial evidence, mongo PM'ed a link to me that supports the "Kill your Coworkers" track. It's a post by someone linking to FlyLo's myspace in Nov. 2008 and recommending that track by name. So, apparently it was up there at the time. 
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?p=5431175

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Wow cool I was starting to think that one was never going to be found. So is that enough information for the bumps' info to be changed?

NumyMufn

I'll add something to the description, but since it's no longer there to listen to we can't be sure it was in fact the same track. It just confirms that he did indeed have a track called "Kill Your Coworkers" and to keep an eye out. Kinda like the "Spin Cycles" track wasn't what we thought it was going to be after finding that YouTube vid.... hmmm .... what day is it? I think LA 3x3 ships today! WHOO! ...  >.>
<.<

*ahem* sorry,   :roll: I just hope we can answer some questions when it arrives.
I have misgivings about adding info when there doesn't appear to be any legal means of acquisition, but these kinds of hunts require all the help we can get and I feel the need to make all the clues available regardless of how silly they may seem. It's the whole basis of the brainstorming process.  :wink:

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Ok you're right. Sorry I tend to get ahead of myself  :-D .

So I guess at this point our best option is to wait it out and hope something new gets released with more information. I'll keep looking around and checking in with the Flying Lotus Myspace.

blackliquid009

Lead on Copigturduckenburger? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJTfcomlsc&feature=channel_page

I also heard "Spin Cycles" in a Flying Lotus BBC Essential Mix. It's labeled as "Sangria Spin Cycles (ambient mix)". Here's a link to download the mix:  http://www.newmixes.com/flying_lotus-essential_mix-sat-11-29-2008.html

You can also download it at the same site that you can get his other mix from (the one he has a link to on his myspace).

NumyMufn

Sorry, BL, I've been a bit sidetracked  :oops: I was searching my hard drive this afternoon for the document that I started with the times that correspond to the track listing of that BBC mix. I can't find it anywhere  :-P I got my hands on 38 cartoons, and track 24 is indeed much like the Copigturduckenburger, enough that I'll go ahead and add him as the artist with yet more footnotes... I'm gonna need some fancy footwork for all this :P I was disappointed that 3x3 wasn't much help.

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Don't worry about it :-D. Just wondering, how did you get 38 Cartoons? I've been searching for a while.

Flying Lotus also posted a blog about a bunch of upcoming new stuff. Here's the link: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=15726394&blogId=506553420

NumyMufn

omg, i'm having my own geek moment  :-D has anybody watched the video on Flying Lotus's MySpace page, it's the first one in the "About" section. About 3:40 in he talks about adult swim, and then at 4:34 they play The Luther bump. I'm watching and I'm thinking... that looks kinda fuzzy  :| Then I start seeing the pixels fluctuating kinda weird, and I realized that they had to have gotten it from us!   :-o  what I did to get that one is what caused the pixelating. Even if they did the exact same thing to get it I can't imagine the pixelation being identical  :-D

squeee!

and I just realized it has the wrong date on it

we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

In case anyone missed it, Flying Lotus posted a new mix at Brainfeeder yesterday

I did a quick skip-through and found the 'Plants' track in there, didn't see that coming  :roll:
Same track also on:
Disastrous Week
Dinosaur Tracks
Two Birds One Stone

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

I'm officially adding
Why are you Mean?

to the list - if you listen to Decade Mix from the above post, at about 14:40 - 17:25 there is what sounds like this song somewhat... okay, seriously twisted. Honestly I kept waiting to hear the bump piece but it didn't happen.  :-P Go ahead, call me crazy, I'm used to it.

I'm awake.