Main Menu

Crop Circles and Japan City Flags

Started by blackliquid009, July 16, 2009, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackliquid009

Anyone have any ideas on what the songs for these bumps are? They both sound a lot like Flying Lotus to me, but I don't know the songs.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

NumyMufn

I agree, they both have that Flying Lotus sound. I looked through everything I have for the Crop Circles and came up empty. I haven't had the time to check on the flags just yet.  :|
If you're willing, it's always good to keep an eye on his myspace for unreleased stuff. I wish he still had that JFK track still up :P I also don't know if there are any other outlets we should be watching  :|
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Yeah I haven't checked his myspace in a few weeks. I'll search around and see if I can find anything out and I'll let you know if I do.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

NumyMufn

Do you have Raw Cartoons and that BBC mix from his blog?

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

I don't actually own them, but it's all on imeem, so right now I'm just searching through. I'm searching through individual tracks before I search through the BBC mix, since it's almost two hours long.

NumyMufn

Two hours? Mine's only 35 mins  :| I was going through it yesterday looking for the crop circles and found something else... don't remember what  :lol: but I updated whatever bump that was.

Okay, it was this one  :roll: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1582

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Oh yeah I saw that; I'm pretty sure it was the "Nothing New at WS Records" bump. Here's the link to the two-hour BBC mix: http://www.imeem.com/people/FEz_57K/music/oV5TKINp/flying-lotus-bbc-essential-mix-29112008/

dkalnz

These are the exact two songs I've been looking for as well. I got my hands on as many Flying Lotus tracks as possible, and still haven't found either of them.

tae180

ok just reporting i fond the beat playing to the japan flag bump here the info the artist is flying lotus the song name is Woebegone and the album is (CD, Single, Promo) so there you go have fun

Laughingboy69

Why the *EFF* are people making unnecessary polls!? This isn't an election year, let's keep things simple.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

I'll fix that, LB  :-D

I was just checking out the info, while not entirely correct it was certainly enough to find the real thing, so Thanks much for the tip! MUCH appreciated  :mrgreen:

I'll elaborate in a sec... I'm multi-tasking here!

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Okay, first let me apologize, stuff I say rarely comes out like I meant it to  :roll: I don't know where you found that info, and it might very well be true exactly as you stated but it's my job to find out what stuff is called and provide a link to a legitimate source that is as current as possible.

That said, what I found was while Flying Lotus is indeed involved (as we all suspected) it's a available as a remix of 'Woebegone' by The Long Lost - full title "Woebegone (FlyLo's Like Woe)" [also seen as "(Flying Lotus' Like Woe)" or with a space between "Fly" and "Lo" - minor differences] as there are three versions of "Woebegone" on the EP

I've updated the info on the bump's page: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1592

And again, Thank You, I need all the help I can get  :mrgreen:

I'm awake.

haskel123

the song you heard Nothing New at WS Records is called $tunt$ flying lotus of course its in the 2008 shhh! album heres a youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvADaGqAYPk

NumyMufn

Awesome! Nice catch  :wink: Thank You for letting us know.

Now if only there were more than 500 copies in the world  :-P  :lol:

I just noticed that it's slightly different than the one used in the bump, as is the BBC version (it's not significant really.) I still think we need that "Flying Lotus Returns"  :cry:

I'm awake.

blackliquid009

Yeah I'm pretty confused about "Flying Lotus Returns".

Hey should the info for Swearing be the same for the info for Nothing New at WS Records?