Main Menu

Comment

Started by terrorist96, April 02, 2009, 12:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorist96

I got an idea. What about the ability to comment on the bumps themselves?
Thoughts?

NumyMufn

I understand where you're coming from, I don't know how feasible something like that would be. It sounds complicated but I'm not the one with the code skills.  :| There's also the additional moderating that would come with that... we'd need some notification of comments posted... i dunno
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Jeff

Not a bad idea, I just wonder what you'd be looking for.

I'm assuming the underlying idea is to generate discussions or give feedback about the bumps.  Not in any way trying to shoot down your idea, I just see this as being a bit difficult if the comments were attached to the bumps themselves... it'd have to be done right.  With 1500 or however many bumps there are, if there was no central hub, I'd worry that every 20th bump or so would just end up with a comment like "Cool," or "I like this one."

Thinking about it more now, the idea is solid.  It would be a challenge to execute it right, in a way that would lead to it being used properly.

mongo

I agree. Even though it'd be difficult to implement, the idea would be nice. Although I do recognize it'd mean some more effort from the mods, since we'd have to screen the comments to make sure we don't get spam and stuff like that.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

I'm less worried about us that I am about crab - he's the one that would have to create it  :|
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

Totally, no argument from me. I don't know much code but I know it's not exactly a walk in the park to create a comment system :-(.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong