Main Menu

Hey

Started by 9999, June 18, 2009, 02:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wanted to say, this place made my life. I grew up with these bumps and songs, and they're the best thing that ever happened to television, for sure. Thank you so much for doing this.

AdultSwimBumpChannel

I agree.
All the hard work the keepers of bump worthy have done is VERYappreciated.

mongo

Thank you very much, it means a lot to hear this. All the work is worth it if it's appreciated  :-D.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Jeff

I've said the same, 9999, you're absolutely right.

The bumps hold a strange nostalgia for me, even if just from a few years back -- I don't know if it's the same with anyone else, but I associate certain bumps with certain shows.  In my head, when I hear the bump music end, it's almost natural to hear the opening theme song for the show begin.

blackliquid009

Agreed.
I've been dreaming about a site like this for years.
I couldn't believe it when I found it.
"Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either." - The Hitcher

AdultSwimBumpChannel

But one thing bugs me in my mind...... where were all the pics taken? I know swimbound was in Seattle, and maybe One Way(I saw a sign that looked EXACTLY like it over spring break). I would love to see a site that has the locations.......maybe I could visit them! But ones like AcTN Cargo Ship would be IMPOSSIBLE to locate. You could find the spot of water it was in, but never the boat. Anyways, If you know, please tell. 

NumyMufn

It's on my 'to do' list  :roll:

and it's my turn to thank y'all for sayin' such nice things. It's real easy to get burned out doing this and hearing that breathes new life into me  :-)
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

AdultSwimBumpChannel

Quote from: NumyMufn on July 20, 2009, 10:02:32 PM
It's on my 'to do' list  :roll:

and it's my turn to thank y'all for sayin' such nice things. It's real easy to get burned out doing this and hearing that breathes new life into me  :-)

HAHAHA!!! you guys won't believe this!
So I'm staying with my parents in Seattle, and they went down into Pioneer Square to get a new window for my sister's room. On the way back, we were driving next to the Alaskan Way Viaduct, and I saw all these One Way signs painted on the foundation-pole things. So I thought "Oh wow, those look familiar!" Then I noticed this one that looked exactly like it, with the same wear and everything! I was totally shocked(And managed to get a picture) Then I saw how you guys put up the locations to most of them (thanks a ton!) It was WAY awesome. 

kornseph

Quote from: 9999 on June 18, 2009, 02:52:27 AM
Just wanted to say, this place made my life. I grew up with these bumps and songs, and they're the best thing that ever happened to television, for sure. Thank you so much for doing this.

Totally guys you know all the work done is outstanding, lol you know half of us spent months, (or at least i did) going, "What the hell was that song?!?! Well no it's not the original, its the remixes from the old pool bumps..." and yeah totally without you guys I would've totally never got it, lol... i enjoy being here on that off hand chance i might be able to help somebody like you guys do!!! lol So thank you very much for all that you do!

Nostalgia Kicks Ass!!!
Bloody F**king Hell