Main Menu

Li'l help?

Started by NumyMufn, May 29, 2009, 10:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

I have someone at the ASMB inquiring about a bump that had a sample of this woman's voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAGkmGpuHI
He said it was a B&W bump... I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas?  :?

Also, if anyone knows, I'm getting a lot of requests for the second song in this promo, it starts right after the clip of "The Office"
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a250aae2162f3c7012163930a870004

You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

Man, If there ever was a bump with Astrud Gilberto being sampled, I missed it.  She was a verve recording artist in the 60's and Verve still holds the rights to a great deal of her work.  The Verve Remixed series, Volume 1-4, has had her reworked by Thievery Corporation, KOOP, RJD2, and Psapp. 

You have to take into account that this person could have also heard her daughter, Bebel Gilberto, sampled.  She's more popular today than her Mom, Astrud.  The only voice that I've ever heard on an A.S. Bump, that's anyting near Astrud's, is that TTC music for the "Please Love Me Bump".   

When it come to the music on "The Office" promo, I was really hoping that you already knew!  I was going to ask you about it.  It doesn't sound like a production track to me.  Who knows? :?
"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

They may easily be mistaken about it being Astrud Gilberto but I couldn't think of ANYTHING that sounded close besides the old Sealab promo that used "?guas de Mar?o" by Antonio Carlos Jobim & Elis Regina and the couple of Isabelle Antena songs that were on The Boondocks. I was really hoping you might remember, since I figured it was the kind of thing that would catch your ear ;) but if it was a black & white with no reference whatsoever this may be a lost cause  :| Personally I think the voice on from 'Antenne 2' sounds too high and breathy, but if it made you think of it maybe I should give it a shot.  :? High isn't a good word... the timbre sounds like that of a child to me.

I'm awake.

mongo

I was actually gonna mention that I've heard Bebel remixed by quite a few people, and she has two remix albums (Remixed and Tanto Tempo Remixes). Love Bebel and Astrud, great singers both. Stylistically, it doesn't sound out of the question, but I don't recall hearing any bumps going like that. I was gonna mention that maybe it could've been a Diplo track, since he's used Portuguese before in his music.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

oh, oh... what about "Days to Come" by Bonobo?   :|  Do we have any from that album posted that actually feature Bajka's vocals?

I'm awake.

mongo

"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

They haven't given up, these two  :lol: but here's a recording of the mystery mix, it's just labeled 'Adult Swim' in this player.  I still don't recognize it from a bump or promo  :|

I'm awake.