Main Menu

Sakura Notes

Started by 9999, June 27, 2009, 11:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So after looking through some of my favorite songs, I noticed many of them are from that Sakura website.
What is that place anyways? It has so much music that I've never even seen before. It's crazy.
But anyways, after I looked through the Japanese FAQ and translated it with google, it seems that you can download the songs, maybe even for free-  if you register.
So I emailed them in shoddy Japanese from google translate asking how I could register, and I haven't heard from them yet. that was like 3-4 days ago. So a door might be open to get the songs you want, but we'll have to work on it and find a way in.
Does anyone know Japanese?

mongo

I severely doubt that. ExtremeMusic, to name one, has a download feature, but you need to have among other things a broadcast license, and it's definitely not free. I personally don't know any japanese, though.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Mongo's right, Sakura is all production music. You may have seen the word 'free' or something like it, but it was likely the equivalent of what we call 'royalty free' which isn't free at all. You can pay thousands of dollars for one track, you just don't have to pay the royalties for each play like you would mainstream music.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

[edited for content]

NumyMufn

Sorry, but we can't discuss that here  :|
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.