Main Menu

Bump Music Request

Started by Jeff, February 03, 2009, 01:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hey there.

Long-time fan of this site, I can't tell you how much happiness your site brings me.  Lot of fond memories of shows on Adult Swim, especially in the heyday, and seeing the bumps and hearing the tunes always brings those memories back.  I digress... but just know that your work in maintaining this site, and the hard work of those who help identify tunes is very much appreciated.

Anyhow, here with a request, actually two.  I'm trying to identify the music in two recent bumps.  I don't see them in the upload, and I wasn't able to find either using the search, so I apologize in advance if they are up and I missed them.  I'm not even necessarily asking for them to be uploaded, though I suppose that may help in identification, just hoping for some help identifying the tunes.

The first was first aired I believe two weeks ago.  I'm sorry I don't have the exact date or show during which it aired.  The general idea was something about a "Laugh Out Loud Guide" to studying for the SAT by Charles Horn... or some such.  It presented a question and the answer was "corpulent."  The background had an electronica-y tune which I dug.

The second I actually wouldn't have expected you to have uploaded.  It was one of those high scores of the week cardish bumps, again with an electronica-type tune (is my music taste evident yet?).  For identification of the bump, the first game listed was Bible Fight and high score was BuddyFoster_is_God with 342,280 points.  Surprisingly enough, I actually found this "bump" on YouTube and I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting the link, but this is the one I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nua60gSkPU

Any help in identifying either of the songs in these bumps is greatly appreciated, and again, thank you so much for your hard work.

NumyMufn

Gimme a couple minutes - I can help with some of that!  :mrgreen:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

There you are... don't go anywhere!  :roll:

I'm awake.

Jeff

Hah, I'm so sorry.  I realized I posted in the wrong section and moved it to the correct section.  I actually saw you on and thought... "could she have read it and be typing a response... nah..."

Thanks very much for any help.

Jeff

Waiting with bated breath.  :wink:

NumyMufn

It's really strange, those are two bumps I was working on right now :D I had the High Scores bump ready for upload, unfortunately the music remains unknown at this time. It's been used on a couple of previous bumps and is always requested. The SAT study guide I'm in the middle of encoding, the music is "Summer's Gonna Hurt You" by Diplo from the album 'Florida' and I should have it up within the hour.  :-)

I'm awake.

mongo

Thanks Numy! I had those but just read the request  :lol:. I hope we find that High Scores tune someday, it's really cool.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

I know you get better stuff, but better to save your bandwidth  :wink: I think my B&W's come out ok... how's the Space Ghost look?  :|

I'm awake.

Jeff

Ahh, that's awesome!  Thank you so much, that's the primary one of the two I was hoping someone would be able to identify (well... going on as much as you can tell of a song by 11 or 15 seconds, or whatever it is).

I didn't realize the High Scores music had been used before, I must've missed the other instances.  Hopefully we'll luck out this time and someone will be able to recognize it.  I know how difficult that is, though, it can be like finding a needle in a haystack -- I've gone through the most wanted music post and had absolutely zero idea who any of them were.

Didn't mean to jump the gun on you, too.  I was waiting to ask about these songs actually until reading that the three week update was done... but didn't realize you weren't done done.  :-)

Thank you again for your help and your continued work on the site, seriously.  I'll check back to see if anybody has any ideas about the High Scores song.

NumyMufn

Keep in mind that bumps which are strictly text aren't necessarily uploaded, only by request or deemed by us to be "DAMN funny" I think was the official rulling :D so no harm done.

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

This just in from Li'l BumpStriker: the High Scores Bump is "Friday Night Funk" by Flying Lotus from the album 'Flying Lotus Returns' ... still looking for release info  :mrgreen:

I'm awake.

Jeff

Wow, incredible, well done.

I did some looking for the release info myself and couldn't find mention of that album on any discography.  I'm sure someone will be able to find it.  I listened through some samples of other Flying Lotus songs on the two albums I could find, and that's absolutely his sound.

mongo

I think the Space Ghosts looks quite nice! :-D Good to have that one on board. And the B&Ws look fine too. And Jeff, you did the right thing, I normally don't post text-only bumps, so I only would've done it upon request (I actually thought I was done done  :lol: in fact, the only reason I have them is because I haven't deleted my raw files yet). The High Scores music has been used sparsely in I think two card-ish bumps before, I remember one about the History of Video Games. Nice to hear the title's been found! Hopefully something will pop up about finding it. Thanks for your kind words!  :-D
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

terrorist96

Quote from: NumyMufn on February 03, 2009, 02:31:32 PM

High Scores v.2: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1324

Actually, I was about to say.. That should actually be High Scores of the Week v.4
The first two are on the site, and the third one is just like the first one,  but with a slightly different voice, and now we have the 4th one.
Just sayin' :P