Main Menu

foreign poppy dance band

Started by huntingbear, July 03, 2007, 02:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntingbear

i'm trying to rediscover a band i heard on one of the bumps.  All i can tell you is that it sounded like a boy and girl in a foreign poppy dance band and I'm pretty sure they were from brazil.   how vague of me.....best I can do mates

NumyMufn

Quote from: huntingbear on July 03, 2007, 02:45:48 PM
i'm trying to rediscover a band i heard on one of the bumps.  All i can tell you is that it sounded like a boy and girl in a foreign poppy dance band and I'm pretty sure they were from brazil.   how vague of me.....best I can do mates
Are you thinking of the Sealab promo with Marco and Debbie singing? That was "Aguas de Marco" by Antonio Carlos Jobim and Elis Regina  :?
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

huntingbear

no, it was more like the Brazillian "Mates of State" kind of sound.  if you don't know Mates of State it's cool, you will soon;  they were featured shortly in a new AT&T commercial so I'm sure the small-medium fanbase is gonna exploded when mainstream gets a taste.

NumyMufn

Mates of State's music reminds me of Broadcast... but I'm pretty sure [as] has never used a vocal track from them... nor are they Brazillian  :|  Is it a recent bump that you heard this on? or something vintage?
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

Nope, not that I know of. The girl-boy-poppy-foreign suggests TTC's "Antenne 2" to me, french song that's been used a few times.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

mongo

"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong