Main Menu

Suggestions for some new bumps

Started by medic, April 01, 2006, 03:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

medic

I'm thinking of making another tokyo bump and some bumps of cities such as Chicago (where I'm from!), Manila [I'm Filipino-American :) ], Montreal, Los Angeles, Bejing, Melbourne, and Amsterdam, but first, I want you guys to suggest what music I should put in their, because I don't want to have to keep putting clips from the site in my bumps.
Some artists I'm thinking about are: M83, Yesterday's New Quintet, Prodigy, Kraftwerk, and The Go! Team.For M83, I only have "Before The Dawn Heals Us", for Yesterday's New Quintet, I only have "A Tribute To Brother Weldon", for Prodigy, I only have "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned", for Kraftwerk, I only have "Maximum-Minimum, and for The Go! Team, I only have "Thunder, Lightning, Strike!"

Note: I think we should have an april fools update, would be pretty funny.
UPDATE: DAMN IT!!!!(sorry) I can't use any of them because I use Windows Movie Maker, and when I try to import .WMAs, it says that there is a copyright problem, and I can't convert WMAs to MP3s.

crab

QuoteNote: I think we should have an april fools update, would be pretty funny.

I thought about it :P

Also about the music, do you use Windows Media Player to rip?  If so, you can rip straight to MP3.

Go to Tools - Options -> Rip Music tab.
In the bottom section there's a drop-down box called Format that you can set to mp3 (hopefully).

It might also help if you uncheck the "Copy protect music" checkbox.  And make sure you move the Audio quality slider a little to the right so that the music sounds decent :p

good luck

mongo

That sounds really rad! Nice music choices, try what crab said, that way you can rip without DRM and use the music in your bumps  :D . I was considering making a few Spain bumps, I have pictures of Valencia, Madrid and Las Palmas, and also a few pics from Alaska, if you want any of those well let me know, I'll be glad to help :wink: .
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

medic

Awesome! I'd appreciate that very much, but it depends what size pictures they are. Also, thanks for the instructions crab, they worked real well, and I wish myself a happy birthday today!!!! The only problem with the thing is that  its taking its toll on my comp's memory(140MB, for EACH CD)

crab

Happy Birthday! lol

and about the size issue, you could probably fix that by reducing the Audio quality a bit.  128 or 160 kbps should be plenty good for a bump.

mongo

Happy birthday medic! The pictures are somewhat big but I could reduce the quality a bit. Like crab said, the quality at 128 or 160 should be fine.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

medic

I like to use pictures that are 1200x1600 or over 1000, but I like it to be wider than it is taller. You can send me the pictures at firebirdh@gmail.com

mongo

My pics are 2304 x 1728  :lol: . I'll resize them when I have time and send some over to you.  :)

NumyMufn

:shock: ooo.. oo.. :idea:  I have some from Prague!
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

medic

Wow, I didn't know how many pictures of cities you guys had...I'd love to have one of Prague!