Main Menu

BW 3.0

Started by crab, September 06, 2008, 01:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crab

Welcome to BumpWorthy version 3.0!

Here is a list of changes:

• flash video is now x264, greatly improving the quality of bumps - Flash Player 9,0,124,0 or higher is now required  (downloadable video remains in Xvid AVI container)
  • flash videos are now larger
  • default volume of flash player has been lowered significantly
  • improved search feature
  • a category has been added for b&w cards
  • URLs for legacy bumps have changed - please update any links you may have to this site
  • improved support for IE users

By the way, if something doesn't work - please report it in the forums.  Preferably in a comment to this post.

Enjoy.

ZERO

Oh noes!  How do I browse by artist? 

BTW, I love the site, thanks for all of the hard work. 

NumyMufn

Quote from: ZERO on September 06, 2008, 07:58:34 AM
Oh noes!  How do I browse by artist? 

BTW, I love the site, thanks for all of the hard work. 
:-o :-o :-o May I second both of those sentiments?
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

crab

I'll work on getting "by artist" back ASAP.

Laughingboy69

I guess I'm not trying to be "that guy" but looking at the browsing features, I thought about some things that would be awesome.

1. A sorting option. It would probably be a little more difficult, but Sorting features would be awesome. Some options would of course include: "Sort by Date Added" and/or "Sort by Date Created" I understand if things become more difficult because of trying to figure out when a bump was made, but it would be nice, especially for newcomers to see a little history, be it that they choose to do so.

2. What happened to the Page number feature of old? It's obviously nice to have a "Next and Last Page" button, but it would be nice to just head out into the middle of the bumpy-sea to find out what's what.

That's all for now. Obviously, I can't force anything upon the creative staff, but these were just some relative browsing things that I've noticed.
I do Let's Plays now.

Beefy

The new Flash encodes look really good.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

crab

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on September 07, 2008, 10:41:12 PM2. What happened to the Page number feature of old? It's obviously nice to have a "Next and Last Page" button, but it would be nice to just head out into the middle of the bumpy-sea to find out what's what.

I agree with your sentiments, but the number of pages was getting out of hand and it looked terribad on the page.  I could probably whip up something to do the '1 2 3...10...50...100...last' thing but I just don't have time to work on it a whole lot right now  :-(  (If anyone knows PHP and wants to write some code to do it and help me out, feel free.  It would be nice to just have a function that takes the total number of pages as an argument, and spits out the page numbers like above.)

Laughingboy69

Quote from: crab on September 15, 2008, 06:22:24 PM
Quote from: Laughingboy69 on September 07, 2008, 10:41:12 PM2. What happened to the Page number feature of old? It's obviously nice to have a "Next and Last Page" button, but it would be nice to just head out into the middle of the bumpy-sea to find out what's what.

I agree with your sentiments, but the number of pages was getting out of hand and it looked terribad on the page.  I could probably whip up something to do the '1 2 3...10...50...100...last' thing but I just don't have time to work on it a whole lot right now  :-(  (If anyone knows PHP and wants to write some code to do it and help me out, feel free.  It would be nice to just have a function that takes the total number of pages as an argument, and spits out the page numbers like above.)

Yeah, I think you're right on that too. In fact, I believe I held the same sentiments when I browsed 2.0. Also, I didn't think it was going to be an incredibly easy thing to put in. (But like I said, my website experience is so lacking.) However when I look at the top bar saying "1-15 out of 1006" It makes it harder for me to look around, ESPECIALLY when I don't know the name of the bump. (Search function works better than ever, btw) If it turns out to be the last thing on your "To-do" list, I won't be upset or nothin'. Not as if I should be arrogant enough as to have a reason to.

PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT, PLEASE BE FOR ME TO HAVING!!!!

Sometimes that little bastard in me slips out.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

You know I wish I knew how to write code for this  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Would it be easier to skip ahead by letter since they are alphabetical now?  :|
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Hey! Just thought of something...

How 'bout a YouTube-like comment for the videos? If it's a simple thing to add for all vids, I think this would be a good idea.
I do Let's Plays now.

crab

I've thought of it in the past, but neglected to implement it because of the moderation issues involved.  I'd like to do it at some point, though.