Main Menu

The Furry Bump/Rant

Started by TGDizzle, August 18, 2008, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGDizzle

Yo!  Figures, after years of searching, I finally find some people who love the bumps on AS.  Bout time.  Anyways though!  I'm looking to find the music to a bump I found this year.  Here we go:

WARNING!  Hilarious as it is, this bump pokes fun at Furries, and displays some less than appropriate (pr0n) images.  I did read the rules section, and as far as I know, it shouldn't be a problem...so.  The only question I have is:  is this a true AS bump?  Instead of the signature [adult swim] in the lower right corner, it reads [absurd whim].  Sorta makes me think it's some random dude trying to get some laughs, but meh.  Anywho, on to the link.

[link deleted due to sexually explicit content]

Can anyone identify the music in the background?  I know I've heard it on AS bumps before, but it was years ago.  Goodluck, and thanks in advance.

mongo

It's a fake, no doubt about it. Pr0n is not allowed on TV, and it's on 4chan ( :lol: some hilarious stuff, but not to be trusted for news). Thanks for including the content indication, though.

The music is D-Code by Dust Devil from the album Loungecore. The sad part, this is production music, which can't be bought anywhere, and it has been dropped from the library that previously owned it, so we don't even know where can you listen to it online. Sorry  :|.

Now that I think about it, I'm sorry but I'm gonna take the link off. The song has been identified, and we want to avoid as much trouble as we can.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Ryan D.

I think I saw a plug for SomethingAwful.com during that video.  Maybe I'm wrong.  If it has something to do with that site, I have a cousin that's a moderator over there.  You can purchase other arrangements of this song by way of the man who made it famous, Tito Puente.  It's under the song title "Mambo Gallego". The reason you've heard this before is because it's the track used in all of the old "Pool Bumps" for A.S.  You can view all of those here at BW.
"The dawn is your enemy."

TGDizzle

Thank you!  That's been bugging me for months now.  And of course, sorry for said link.  It doesn't say anything in the rules, but I figured a warning should be the least I could do.  Still, I can't view the video without cracking up, hahah!

Thanks again!  If I happen to find the music anywhere, I'll definitely post a link here as to where it can be bought/downloaded.

:-D *cheesed*

And yeah Ryan, I knew I heard it before, I just haven't found it yet in the 900+ bumps linked to the site.  A daunting task, ya gotta admit :P

Ryan D.

TGD,

Yes, I agree.  It can be a pain searching the ever growing mountain of bumps.  I just wanted to jog your memory.
"The dawn is your enemy."

mongo

It's okay, you did the right thing and posted a warning. We don't mind, we just don't want to put the site in any trouble. And yeah, it really was hilarious :lol:. If you find any info on where to obtain the music (legally  :-D) then please don't hesitate to post, since this awesome tune would be great to own. Also, if you want to find a pool bump, try typing Pool into the search function. I know that searching through the library can be really difficult, so the pool bumps are named as Pool #__ to make them easier to find  :-D.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

TGDizzle

Lo and behold, within 5 minutes I found the song.  Such a tight beat, gotta love the horns.  Anywho, if ya'll are interested in it, I'd be happy to send/post the file somewhere.  Sad thing is, I need a site where I can upload it to.

If anyone would be kind enough to direct me to such a website, I'd be happy to upload all of my AS Music library for viewing.

And, since I am obviously new here, I apologize in advance for being stupid. (in other words, if I can use Youtube or something simple to post said tracks :P)

mongo

As tempted as I am to ask for a post, I'm gonna have to say that unless it's a to-buy link it shouldn't be posted here. We don't want the lawmen knocking down our doors  :-D. Thanks, though!!

TGDizzle

Heheh, for sure :P.  When asking for said site, I meant a -legal- one of course.  Then again, I'm sure there's a reason why I haven't found one yet, so...poop.  Lemme know if you happen to find one though, I can't imagine any better way to repay ya'll than give you the song!

TGDizzle

Hm.  Well seems you were definitely right, all the sites I could think of have the song for listening purposes only.  Indeed, the track is only for production/commercial/soundtrack use only.  Sad, but true.  The only way to acquire this track would be through illegal means, which of course, I would not suggest.  I've been down that road, and lemme say: viruses suck.  I did however find several sites that let you listen to the track, which means you can download the link to the musical track and place it on your desktop, if you're absolutely desperate to have quick access to this awesome song.  Those are easy to find, so I won't bother.   However, I found a couple of clues.

www.last.fm/music/Tito+Puente/_/Mambo+Gallego+(D-Code+Remix)  Here's the listen track, though it mentions something about it being included in Soundtracks (i.e., movies and such).

YTMND Soundtrack - Volume 09.  Whatever that stands for...apparently though, it's a soundtrack with the song on it.  Tried entering a search in Amazon for it, but to no avail.  Perhaps E-bay or Adtunes might get you somewhere, but as for me, I wouldn't want to buy an entire soundtrack for just one song.  Then again, if it has such a bumpin beat (no pun intended), it might just be worthwhile ;D.  Check it out, lemme know if you have any luck!

NumyMufn

I have to say, I don't recommend last.fm - messed up my computer somethin' awful. It's also loaded with misinformation that led to quite a head-banging-on-the-wall experience I had trying to fix it. I was not entirely successful.

This has been a "Numy's Buzzkill Moment" of the day  :evil:  :roll:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

TGDizzle

Heheh, true.  I don't trust any sites like that, but like I said, it's the best we got.  I shed a tear.

NumyMufn

Quote from: NumyMufn on August 18, 2008, 09:38:53 PM
I have to say, I don't recommend last.fm - messed up my computer somethin' awful. It's also loaded with misinformation that led to quite a head-banging-on-the-wall experience I had trying to fix it. I was not entirely successful.

After re-reading the link you provided I feel the need to emphasize the MISINFORMATION part of that statement.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Quote from: NumyMufn on October 22, 2008, 11:27:39 PM
Quote from: NumyMufn on August 18, 2008, 09:38:53 PM

After re-reading the link you provided I feel the need to emphasize the MISINFORMATION part of that statement.

Buh-Boosh!

This useless, yet entertaining comment is brought to you by Colgate; now with whitener!
I do Let's Plays now.

AdultSwimBumpChannel

wait, it wasn't official?
and where did you find this?