Main Menu

Boondocks music?

Started by crab, June 07, 2008, 03:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crab

Alright tonight they played the episode where Grandpa fights Stinkmeaner and during the episode Huey has a dream that he's fighting a blind samurai.  What's the song playing during that scene?

Ryan D.

I think it's a rap by Raekwon that features Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck & GZA.  I think that the track is called Guillotine (Swordz) or Guillotinz (Swordz).  I'm a little out of my element in this particular cut.  So, you might need a second opinion. 
-Ryan D.
"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

No, ya' got that right  :-D it's from the album "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

How about that, N.M.!  I got one that had nothing to do with production music!! 
Your Pal,
Ryan D.

NumyMufn

High Five!

Congrats on your official Knighthood  :mrgreen:

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

Here we are a couple of months later and I now have a question about "Boondocks" music.  In the episode "The Return Of Stinkmeaner", not to be confused with the episode where Grandpa kills Stinkmeaner, there is a Bossa Nova cut played.  Grandpa puts an LP on the turntable and some very hip/stylish, laid-back Brazilian groove kicks up.  Riley calls it "Grandpa's gay-a$$ music".  The truth is it's very nice music.  Grandpa is playing it while he waits for his Myspace date to show up at the house.  Of course the date is ruined, because in addition to his girl arriving so does the demonic spirit of Stinkmeaner.  So, I looked as closely as I could at the name on the LP that was shown spinning.  It looked like the name "Gabriella".  It was followed by a last name, I think.  It's a female singer and you can barely hear a lyric that says something like "shades of rose".  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I'd like to figure this tune out.  It could be something that was just composed for the show.

NumyMufn

It's by Isabelle Antena... but that's all I know right now  :| I honestly haven't looked much since the first airing of that episode. She also provided the song "Say I Believe in It" for ... crud... was that "Passion of the Ruckus"? I think so... anyway that song was at the very least not released in the states prior to that episode. There's some debate as to whether or not it was previously released on an overseas edition of one of her albums, but it was either re-recorded for the Boondocks episode or something completely different with the same title.

I just checked her myspace and I think it says it's available (her english is not perfect  :wink: ) on Amazon as an mp3...

...Okay, I get it now  :roll: the title is "Under Your Closed Eyelids"

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Your-Closed-Eyelids-Boondocks/dp/B000XV8AX0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1217818222&sr=8-3

It seems my English is no perfect either  :-D

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

Wow!!  Now I know how people feel when they come here and get there questions answered so quickly.  Thank you so much, NM.!!  You know a little bit more about hard to find artists than I do.  That's very scary! 

NumyMufn

That's why it's teamwork, babeh  :mrgreen: none of us know it all   :wink:

I'm awake.

mongo

Got a little late here  :|  :lol:. I really recommend checking out Say I Believe in It, it's on iTunes, a really beautiful song. And yeah, it was on the "Passion of Uncle Ruckus" episode. She also did the song "Le Spinner", which appeared on the Samsonite Spinner Luggage commercial.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

I saw that about "Le Spinner" on her page... y'know I've never seen that commercial?  :|  I should be prime demographic for that, too :D Shows what they know... I'm watching the 18-34 year old male channel all the time  :-P

I'm awake.

mongo

The funny thing is, as far as I remember, I used to see it on TBS at like 4am  :lol: Never saw it on a normal schedule time  :? I wonder how effective it could've been  :-P
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong