Main Menu

Did You Guys Know About This?!

Started by Laughingboy69, August 11, 2008, 11:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughingboy69

I sure didn't... That is... Until NOW!

http://fandroppings.adultswim.com/

Tubular! I just spammed them with some of my more personal favorite "Bump Covers" as I will now refer to the picture forms of the bumps I make (I think that's what everyone else has been calling them. I don't venture into ASMB that often, less just to toot my own horn).

I saw some of Numy's stuff. If you guys have anything submitted, or are GOING to submit anything, let us all know here! I, personally would like to see what it is you guys want to submit to this project.

Also, if you guys know of a cover of mine you want to see up there, that isn't already, (Because I CANNOT end a post without shameless advertising) let me know what it is you would like to see from me, submitted. There are some bumps that I'm sort of iffy on, if you have any druthers on that topic, then feel free to let it out. Thanks!
I do Let's Plays now.

mongo

Whoa, awesome!!! How did you find out about this? Never heard of it before :?.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

They only started accepting uploads a few days ago (last Friday, I think.) All the uploads older than that are from insiders and already used as splashes, presumably there to test the system. A word of warning: do NOT try to edit ANYTHING about your submission once it's been approved. I had one more up that ended up back on the pending list after trying to edit the description and was not approved a second time. I'm thinking I may delete and re-up to see if they'll take it again. I'm hoping it was assumed rejected because it was older than the other submissions. We'll see.

Good Luck to all!  :mrgreen:

LB: Thanks for the rating  :wink:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

Is this little "fandroppings" feature something for uploading user made bump video or is it just photos.  I think it's just photos.  That's cool though.
"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

Yes, just still photo or some other graphic form for the splash cover that they change daily at adultswim.com

Examples can be found at the link in LB's original post  :mrgreen: I was just tryin' to pimp the shotglass  :-D

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Ok, I was wondering why my pics have been "pending" for the last 24 hours. I am still in "excitement" mode. It'd be pretty awesome to get at least one of my covers to get plastered on the intro page. :D

No problemo on the rating, NM. :P
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

I can't say for sure... I don't know who exactly approves them, but the message boards were down most of the day today. Maybe they were busy  :|

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

I have seen into the future, and the first batch of user made splash pages are all of the 'drawn' variety - or at the very least, altered beyond recognition as a photograph. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I am disappointed  :-P

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

I'm just sort of flustered that my submissions are still pending. =/
I do Let's Plays now.

Ryan D.

I have a couple of cool photos pending from a week ago too.  I've noticed that they are very strict about what the image is of.  If you use a photo or drawing of something that is copyrighted or not owned by Adult Swim, of course they can't use it.  What surprised me is that they won't use  photos of abandoned buildings.  It's because of the third party ownership rule.  If you use a photo of  a person it has to be yourself and if you photograph the face of a building it has to be owned by you.  If you do use a photo of yourself or property/building that is owned by you, it's a good idea to let them know in the description that you are following their rules and it's your image and your property.
It might be a good idea to be rejected by them!  As am sure you all know, they bumped  a few "rejected" covers from their site last night on the Swim.
"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

Third party ownership. Makes you wonder where they draw the line. I confess I was thinking along those lines when I posted the winter spa pic - all those props, I really didn't know if that counted.

LB - I've been wondering, did you use pics from that photo morgue?

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Morguefile? Yeah, except for one. (I Don't Know Who Took This Picture was actually taken by me.)

However, the website clearly states that the photos on-site are "for either corporate or public use."

Even if it were the case that I used photos that were NOT public domain, you would think I would have gotten a "Rejected" sign instead of a still "Pending" sign.

I'm sure they're busy with other things, but I am getting anxious.  :|
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

I know the photos are legit - but they made it pretty clear they wanted original material if not already owned by them. I would delete and re-up the one you took yourself and make it clear that you did in fact take the photo in the description. The one that I had still pending after an edit just sat there for a week. I re-uploaded it and it was approved almost immediately, although there haven't been ANY approved since that day (Friday)  :|

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Okay... I can't explain it. There is one that's a cookie cutter of the cut-out bumps and at least two works of art Raphael's Angels and Washington crossing the Delaware... I don't get it. I have one that has the America Windows by Chagall that I didn't post cuz of the copyright stuff .. wtf?

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Yeah, someone before had a "Tokyo" style bump, so that made me think that it's OK to submit "3rd Party" material.

It almost seems like it was passed, or overlooked. I'll resubmit one or two on a day when it looks like they're actively uploading material.

Edit: Cool, the site is starting to finally upload my stuff. I also see more of NM's stuff as well as Ryan D.'s. (I assume it's yours at any rate.)

It's all here. Come and support us!

http://fandroppings.adultswim.com/photos
I do Let's Plays now.