Started by mongo, July 25, 2008, 02:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

Quote from: NumyMufn on November 25, 2014, 06:07:54 PM
Quote from: LittleFlyingMonsters on November 25, 2014, 06:36:58 AM
For Ryan D.'s list, I have found

5. Winter Killing Us: My Own New York by Waiting for Steve
i.e.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppBti5ObuO4 - Skip to 7:20

It actually kicks in right at 7:00... It's close enough that I will make a note in the description but I do not believe it is the source. We have a number of bumps where we have found alternate songs that have sampled the same source. In this case, I believe the bump track is a library track because I heard it playing on a DVD sub-menu years ago. The track you have linked to was released three years after the bump aired. However, it does have more to it than the bump and is worth a listen if it's a track one has been after. I rather like the entire composition, thanks for the link :)

Yeesh... I let a whole month go by?  :-o *ugh*... I had an addendum to add to this, but since it's been this long it's getting a new post :P I'm gonna back-peddle here a little bit, I have noticed that the bump track has the distinct 'snap - crackle - *POP*' of vinyl to it. Listening to a crystal clear version of the sample on the song "Prelude to Chapter 1" by Delroy Souden on the album 'My Life' reminded me of that. I guess where I'm going with this is that the bump track is not a pure version of the sample (library or not) either.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.