Main Menu

Started by Strike36, June 26, 2008, 07:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike36

i think you should post the bumps that are on adultswim each week on your site

mongo

Umm, what do you mean?. I'm pretty sure that's what we do.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

I think they're looking for EVERY bump  :wink:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

I think that we post too many bumps at BW!  All of the bonafide bumps, from "AcTN Owl" to "AcTN Tractors" are here.  When it comes to the "card-ish" bumps, there are way too many to post every single one.  Let's face it, some bumps have more of a nostalgic/memorable quality than others.  I am very grateful to M. and N.M. for all of the time that they sacrifice each week, capturing the A.S. bumps that they do.  They allow the music hunters to go to work.  I for one can't keep up with all of the card-ish bumps.  It took me a week to just tag two of them from a couple of months ago recently.  It's very much like looking for a needle in a haystack.  So, in closing, I think some card-ish bumps are worthy but not all.   

P.S.  I'm sure that if there is a user on here that gets "bumped" or really wants to see a particular bump/card, all you have to do is ask M. or N.M. about it.  They'll probably bend over backwards, when they get the chance, to at least post it on their YouTube page so you can see it.
"The dawn is your enemy."

Laughingboy69

Yeah, I don't know how much space the site has as a whole, but I'm pretty sure it isn't enough to become a widespread database of every bump ever made. I think it's good enough we get the non-card bumps, along with memorable card bumps, requests and user-created content (Because I can't seem to make a post without tooting my own horn). If BW uploaded all of the card bumps, there wouldn't be enough room for the archived bumps, which I frankly believe is more important than the one User Question Card Bump that has no significance whatsoever.

However, if you DO have a request, or want to see your User Question Bump posted on the site, BW is filled with competent, dedicated users who I'm sure are more than happy to help you out.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

It's my understanding that there is plenty of space/bandwidth. What we have right now is an organizational nightmare. A bump is a bump is a bump, but if all you're interested in is Graphic bumps, or Black & White bumps, or the hybrid so-called 'card-ish' bumps or even viewer bumps then there needs to be a way to view only what you want.

...and dates ... we need dates...  :|

except Laughingboy... he picked up somebody on my youtube channel :D

okay, I meant chronological dates  :roll:

I'm awake.

mongo

As someone who did try that once, I just really don't think it's worth the extra time and work. We're good enough as it is, and definitely have a very impressive collection. I just don't see the necessity in posting every card. It makes it harder to find the one you're looking for, it can be overwhelming searching under the quantity of stuff, it requires more time in encoding, posting and tagging... I just don't see it working in a point-counterpoint basis. And some of it can be rendered kinda irrelevant pretty quickly, considering the strong relationship with current events and what not. It's more work for us and for you, and I just don't think it's 100% worth it. But, like everyone else has said, if you have a request of a special b&w card, please let us know and we will definitely do our best to help you out.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Laughingboy69

Quote from: NumyMufn on July 01, 2008, 03:29:02 PM
It's my understanding that there is plenty of space/bandwidth. What we have right now is an organizational nightmare. A bump is a bump is a bump, but if all you're interested in is Graphic bumps, or Black & White bumps, or the hybrid so-called 'card-ish' bumps or even viewer bumps then there needs to be a way to view only what you want.

...and dates ... we need dates...  :|

except Laughingboy... he picked up somebody on my youtube channel :D

okay, I meant chronological dates  :roll:

Yeah... I did. It was hot.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Quote from: mongo on July 03, 2008, 03:48:06 AM
It makes it harder to find the one you're looking for, it can be overwhelming searching under the quantity of stuff, ....

I wasn't suggesting that we post every bump, I was saying it's already overwhelming to search what we have and it's still growing. We need better sorting capabilities whether or not we expand our repertoire.

LB - Glad to hear it  :wink:

I'm awake.

mongo

I was referring to his suggestion  :-D. The better sorting capabilities are a necessity in any case, I totally agree. I was referring to his suggestion of posting each and every card.

crab

I'm open to suggestions on how to sort them.  I used to have the ability to sort by things such as popularity and most downloaded, etc, but that kind of sorting is a "flavor of the week" kind of sorting.  I'd rather be able to break them down into specific categories based on.. what?

I could make a category for B&W bumps, for sure and we can put all of those in there (the ones we get requests for, anyway).  But yeah, right now the best you can do is run a search for what you want and hope that it comes up.