Main Menu

Your music taste

Started by medic, February 24, 2006, 07:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

medic

Anybody here want to tell me what music they listen to? I listen to(sorry for long list):

Prodigy
M.I.A.
Sublime
At The Drive-In
Psyche Origami
Wildchild
Yesterday's New Quintet
The Pillows
Bonnie Pink
DJ Sharpnel
Merzbow
Coheed and Cambria
Snoop Dogg
Matisyahu
UFO or Die
The Flaming Lips
Thursday
Rilo Kiley
DANGERDOOM
Common
YMCK
Utabi
the artists at http://www.8bitpeoples.com
Blonde Redhead
Peanut Butter Wolf
Quasimoto
Trans Am
Nada Surf
Aphex Twin
Misia
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Kotoko
Coldplay
Bloc Party
Spoon
People Like Us
Bright Eyes
Death From Above 1979
Bob Marley
Broken Spindles
Azure Ray
Reel Big Fish
The Go! Team

I know I have insane taste in music, but I want to know what you guys like.

mongo

I'm a huge music freak, and being a musician myself I listen to A LOT of stuff (and I mean a lot  :P ) Lately I've been listening to a lot of Groove Coverage, Thursday, Break the Silence, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Ryp Slyme, Yoko Kanno, Miyavi, Damian Marley, Infected Mushroom, Apex Theory, Apocalyptica, Depeche Mode, Sol D' Menta, S?ber, Lostprophets, Nightwish, Sarah McLachlan, Forces of Nature, Fear Factory and Soilwork, plus a huge assortment of anime songs  :) Rad assortment! I'm going to see a Prodigy concert in a few days, actually  :) Cool to know there's another 8bp fan too.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Other people know about 8bp?  :shock:  
I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find you here!

Other stuff? Well the old lady is a huge Yoko Kanno fan  8) I have a lot of anime soundtracks - in fact I have a lot of soundtracks, period.l I don't listen to the radio anymore so I rely on places like this to find new stuff to listen to.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Qman1

I love A Tribe Called Quest, Gang Starr, KRS-One, LL Cool J, Tupac, Little Brother, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Biggie, Souls of Mischief, Ice Cube, Psyche Origami, Wildchild, Yesterday's New Quintet, and some of the music done from our very own Adult Swimer's from the Viewer Music Project...and many others... 8)

Zenigundam

All kids out of theh poowel--adult swim

NumyMufn

So are you implying that all anime music is cheesy or that you in fact only like that which is cheesy?  :lol:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Zenigundam

without the cheeziness, j-pop has no meaning so I pick door #2  :P

mongo

Be very careful with your expressions on J-pop  :evil:  :evil: ...  :lol: !! Just kidding, it's your opinion :P . There's some good serious stuff too though. By the way, saw your "Part of my anime collection" list and it's really rad. Is there that big a difference in the Bebop Remix DVDs apart from the 5.1 sound?
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Zenigundam

The Bebop Remixes have a lot of extras. They have the Bandai Trailers for before Cartoon Network got it, the complete 2002 AS promo collection, they have interviews with Sean Akins, Wendee Lee and other important CN/Bebop people, episode insight from some of the Japanese VAs and American VAs and one of them has a Cowboy Bebop The Movie Trailer.

I'm not sure if these are on the Perfect Collections since I never bought them. I think it would have been cooler if Bandai had put AMVs with some of the shows insert music on the dvds.

In short... buy the Cowboy Bebop Remixes!!  :P

Ta-Kun

I listen to so much different music. I'm simply too lazy to list all the artists, lol. But I'll provide the genres

Alternative & Punk
Anime
Electronica/Dance
Funk
Hip-Hop/Rap
Metal
Pop
Psychedelic
R&B/Soul
Reggae
Rock
Video Games

I need to get myself some more iTunes money so I can buy all those cool songs they used for some of the Adult Swim bumps. Like Psyche Origami's work. Geez..to think of some of the iTunes money I totally wasted, damn...lol

Moji of the East

Alternative Rock
Movie OST's
Game OST's
Rap(Psyche Origami, J Dilla, Rondo Brothers)