Main Menu

Chuck Jones Memorial Spot

Started by Jambe, March 16, 2008, 03:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambe

I recall from years ago that Cartoon Network (& Adult Swim) ran a memorial bump for Chuck Jones that consisted of a blank page at first, and then his face & the years of his life were drawn in... and there were no spoken words.  I remember it being pretty powerful, and I've searched high and low for it but I can't find it anywhere.

Do any of you know what I'm even talking about here?  I've had a hard time convincing people that the TV spot actually exists.  If any of you remember it, might you have a copy of it tucked away on your hard drives or perhaps know of a link to it on the mighty interweb?

I'd be very much appreciative of any info or a helpful suggestion of where to look or ask around.

mongo

I do remember what you're talking about, even though I don't have a copy (nor a capture card, that was in February 2002). It was really touching, but I don't know where could you find a copy of it. I'll try to scour the web though.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Jambe

Thanks for looking!  Have you found anything?  I've done my fair share of sifting about and nothing has come to my attention, unfortunately.

mongo

No  :-( I've tried a lot of searches but nothing's turned up. Does anyone else know about this? (Numy, Beefy, Crab?)
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

I doubt that I'd have it anywhere... I was hoping Beefy might pick up the trail.  :|
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Beefy

Who dares summon Beefy? :evil:

I have some clips on my hard drive from April 2002, but none of them have the clip you're looking for.

I have a few other tapes lying around, but I don't know what's on them or when they were recorded.  If I ever get some vacation time I want to go through them.

I'll keep a look out for this, but I make no guarantees and don't expect anything anytime soon.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

NumyMufn

*grovels*

[is afeared of Beefy  :-o ]
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Jambe

Hi, necroing this thread in light of a recent re-searching for the memorial spot in question.  Any further developments, perchance?  I can't even find any indication of the spot on the web, let alone a recording.  Quite disheartened, I am.

Beefy

I've haven't had a chance to dig through my tapes yet.

There's a few other projects I need to get done before I can go tape searching.

I just got one project done that's been sitting around for two years (stupid Miguzi bumps), that's how backlogged my "to do" pile is.

http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.

Jambe

Hi again.  I just did a Google search for "chuck jones memorial spot" without the quotes; this thread was the top result.  Rather disheartening, really.  Searching through the subsequent threads doesn't lead to a video and I've only found sparse acknowledgment that the spot in question actually exists.

Any new developments, perhaps?

/edit: the search was actually for the following:

"chuck jones" memorial spot

terrorist96

Come on guys, let's hustle!  :-P :-D hehe.

Jambe

Wow, an unexpected bump!  For the record, I haven't done much more searching.  I'm pretty much resigned to the idea that the only copy of the spot in question is tucked away in some Turner archive.

mongo

No news regarding this one yet.

Jambe

It's been a LONG time since I bumped this... but I figured I might as well see if one of you fine folks has any more info or some time to dig through a tape or two.

:-)

Beefy

My plans to go through the tapes last month got delayed.  :-(

At least I didn't forget.

I hope to find some time to work on it in the next few months.