Main Menu

Post User Created Bumps here!

Started by mongo, January 26, 2008, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughingboy69

@ Ryan: Those were all really good. Great song choices, great editing and great pictures. My only advice would be a weird editing trick...

Nothing big, and you did this on SOME of the bumps I noticed, but I didn't know if you noticed it. I generally go to the 10/15 sec. mark and find the closest complete measure before that mark. It's weird to explain, but I like the bumps to cut off at the end of a measure (unless there's a pickup, which complicates things slightly). It means some bumps may go up to 9-11/14-16 seconds depending on the length you want, but I just like how it makes the bump "complete" and doesn't leave you hanging.

Unfortunately YouTube makes it difficult for anyone to know if you've done it correctly since it likes to cut off the last second of the video sometimes. =\
I do Let's Plays now.

Ryan D.

Hey L.B., Thanks for the wise advice that you gave me.  You're sharp. 8-)  I actually know what you're talking about, the 10-15 sec. thing and cutting on the end of a measure.  I did let some of my Bumps run a second or two too long.  I guess that in some cases, I decided to let the horns finish a phrase before cutting out.  If I ever make another batch, Besides the first dozen that I've made, I'll re-visit your advice.  I was wanting to leave myself a little bit of extra room on my first attempt.  I like your bumps so I'm happy that you enjoyed mine. :-)
"The dawn is your enemy."

Laughingboy69

"I did let some of my Bumps run a second or two too long.  I guess that in some cases, I decided to let the horns finish a phrase before cutting out."

Wait, that's what I want you to do. It's okay if the bump is a second or two shorter/longer than prescribed. I just go to the 10/15 sec. and find the nearest possible phrase ending. I generally let the song's phrase/measure endings dictate if I make it a 10 or 15 second bump. If you allow the phrase/measure to finish, that's what I was looking for.

Sorry if what I wrote earlier sounded like I wanted the opposite. =\
I do Let's Plays now.

ctrl + alt + de1337

Ryan D. did you make that music?
Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge.

Ryan D.

Quote from: ctrl + alt + de1337 on May 21, 2010, 06:28:36 AM

Kind of. :-)  I did have help from two great arrangers/producers and eighteen wonderful jazz musicians in the studio.  They're the ones who should get the credit for the instrumental part of the projects/albums.  Plus, I didn't write these songs.  They're new/original arrangements of Adult Standards.     

mongo

Sorry I took so long to check these out, Ryan! Have been switching ISPs for a while now, uploaded the bumps from the past two or three weeks from a web caf? (felt like some spy movie thing :lol:). Love the bumps!! The pictures are really cool, they look very authentic, and the music is great! Thanks for the tribute on West Side Meat Market! :-D
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Quote from: Ryan D. on May 21, 2010, 09:59:24 AM
Quote from: ctrl + alt + de1337 on May 21, 2010, 06:28:36 AM

Kind of. :-)  I did have help from two great arrangers/producers and eighteen wonderful jazz musicians in the studio.  They're the ones who should get the credit for the instrumental part of the projects/albums.  Plus, I didn't write these songs.  They're new/original arrangements of Adult Standards.     
You are both gracious and modest :) I wonder, do you even have a dark side?

Y'know, I don't come in here often but I had to check your bumps out. Nicely done, kind Sir!

....and you should'a' heard the noise that came out of my mouth when I saw my pic :D I frightened some passers-by.

To be fair, the symbolic representation of the Nummy Muffin is kind of a pink furry bunny/dog - an evil invention of the Mad Scientists! So evil it backfired on them
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

That picture looks like Beakman's World.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on May 26, 2010, 11:58:48 AM
I've never seen that... but if it's the BBC low budget cardboard-and-xmas-lights sets look, yeah  :-D a Qwiki look up found this tidbit about the green doctor's mum:
In the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode Girl in Gold Boots, the agent from the Institute of Mad Scientists said Pearl Forrester was "not fit for a spot on Beakman's World."

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

To be fair, the symbolic representation of the Nummy Muffin is kind of a pink furry bunny/dog - an evil invention of the Mad Scientists! So evil it backfired on them

[/quote] 

This is amazing.  I had no idea that there was actually something called Nummy Muffin!  It's like he's singing about you.  It's such a beautiful song too.  I really like it!  I'm listening to it, as I type this post, for the fourth time in a row. NUMMY MUFFIN!!!!!!! COOCOL BUTTER!!!!!!!!

NumyMufn

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Scrappy little pal like no udder!

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Quote from: NumyMufn on May 26, 2010, 03:16:26 PM
Quote from: Laughingboy69 on May 26, 2010, 11:58:48 AM
I've never seen that... but if it's the BBC low budget cardboard-and-xmas-lights sets look, yeah  :-D a Qwiki look up found this tidbit about the green doctor's mum:
In the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode Girl in Gold Boots, the agent from the Institute of Mad Scientists said Pearl Forrester was "not fit for a spot on Beakman's World."

Ha, ha. Very nice. I used to watch BW a lot back when I was younger. Great science show for kids. And the Qwiki quote is pretty awesome.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Quote from: Ryan D. on June 12, 2010, 04:50:02 PM

4."No Shades After 9 PM"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY19z2Qef-I
Song: Just One of Those Things
Artist: Ryan DeHues

Hah! Lovin'm  :wink: but this one really tickled my funny bone  :-D

I'm awake.

mongo

Quote from: Ryan D. on June 12, 2010, 04:50:02 PMHere's a few more... Some ACTN type stuff and another late night owl, etc.

Man, you've got some awesome stuff!!! I loved "The Elegant Touch of AS" and "No Shades after 9PM", I've been wanting to mess around with the cutout concept myself for a while. The "Shades" phrase reminds me of that song "Sunglasses at Night" by Carey Hart :lol:, love that song. Also love the vibe in "You Are Now Ours", very late-night and authentic [as]! And the "Lady Bug" and "Stop/Crossing" ones really have that AcTN vibe spot-on. The songs are all really cool, too!! :-D
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

ctrl + alt + de1337

Quote from: Ryan D. on June 12, 2010, 04:50:02 PM
Here's a few more... Some ACTN type stuff and another late night owl, etc.

1."The Elegant Touch of A.S."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS0jg1xm96s
Song: Moonlight
Artist: Ryan DeHues  

Can I get the sheet music for the piano or the midi, pl0x?
Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge.