Main Menu

Post User Created Bumps here!

Started by mongo, January 26, 2008, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athias

I wish I could do this for a living. Do you hear that Williams Street Productions? I'm looking for work, :) . No, I love my job, but it does not remotely involve video/image editing, I'm afraid. Making bumps is a hobby that I enjoy very much. I put as much effort as I can into making these bumps look as "authentic," for lack of a better term, as possible. I've quite recently come across better techniques in blending logos, emblems, and text to the photos. And I hope to get better as I make more.

As always, guys, thanks for the encouragement and feedback.

Jeff

Well, the hard work indeed shows.

Maybe it is better for something creative like this to stay a hobby, that way it never turns into a chore.

mongo

Man, those were some damn cool bumps!! Seriously reminded me of my favorite ACTN bump era, and great job on the logo! I was never able to find one that looked even relatively clean :-P. That Diner bump is absolutely beautiful, if there's one thing I'd like to see on air again it's bumps like that. City Railway is quite amazing as well. I agree with Jeff, your work looks very professional. I also deeply appreciate trying to keep it as authentic as possible, that's my main effort as well when I do these! I do encourage you to keep it up, man, I seriously enjoy your bumps. And Jeff, I kinda have to agree with you on the hobby thing. I'm not entirely sure but it could be possible that I haven't done much in so long because of working in TV. I love making bumps but work takes up a bunch of time, and the brain fritters in my skull haven't pulled off anything I've seriously liked in a while! :lol: I have found some fun beats, though, and I do intend to make a batch soon, but I need to sit down and pick some images and stuff. Still, let's not drift away; awesome as always, Athias! Keep up the great work! :-D
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Brain fritters?  :-o ... Are they... delicious?
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Athias

Thanks mongo. Thanks Jeff. Here are some new ones. I took the picture of the first one myself. I took it yesterday when I was in New York City for ComiCon.

(ACTN) Construction Scraper
(ACTN) GetQ

mongo

Heck yeah, man! Especially Construction Scraper, it really looks a bunch like stuff from the AcTN days :-D the beat is great, too. Another great post, Athias, keep it up! :-D

Athias

Thanks, mongo. I thought I'd do something different this time and rework some of the old stuff. I decided to remaster--if you could call it that--the cowboy bebop fan service moments with the HD footage. I kept everything pretty much as close to the original as possible (so you will see windowboxing):

Fan Service Moment - The Mag (Remastered)

Compared to: Fan Service Moment - The Mag (SD)

and, Fan Service Moment - Faye (Remastered)_v2

Compared to: Fan Service Moment - Faye (SD)

With Faye, however, I used an old color restoration to give it a more vintage appearance. These actually took longer to make than I expected, but I like how they came out. Hope you guys like them, too.

mongo

Quite nice restoration job, Athias! I enjoy doing that myself, although it's pretty hard to get a hand on higher quality stuff. The color work on the Faye one was very good, and you did a great job with the font as well! Man, even though I own the series on DVD, Cowboy Bebop is one of those instances where I'm pretty sure I'll just bite the bullet and get the Blus. It's just so damn great :-P Speaking of great, was that one of the greatest [as] April Fools gags or what? :lol: I loved it, the bumps were absolutely hilarious, and I'm a big Perfect Hair Forever fan, so to me it was perfect :-P.

Y'know, it's pretty funny; I have around here some cropped-to-widescreen versions of those bumps (and the Stoner Series ones), and I had thought about replacing them, but decided not to because of the authenticity factor as well.

Athias

Quote from: mongo on October 19, 2014, 04:03:52 PM
Quite nice restoration job, Athias! I enjoy doing that myself, although it's pretty hard to get a hand on higher quality stuff. The color work on the Faye one was very good, and you did a great job with the font as well! Man, even though I own the series on DVD, Cowboy Bebop is one of those instances where I'm pretty sure I'll just bite the bullet and get the Blus. It's just so damn great :-P Speaking of great, was that one of the greatest [as] April Fools gags or what? :lol: I loved it, the bumps were absolutely hilarious, and I'm a big Perfect Hair Forever fan, so to me it was perfect :-P.

Y'know, it's pretty funny; I have around here some cropped-to-widescreen versions of those bumps (and the Stoner Series ones), and I had thought about replacing them, but decided not to because of the authenticity factor as well.

Thanks, mongo. I think that you'll have to bite that bullet because Cowboy Bebop is one of those series where the concept art, background art, and design are nothing short of beautiful. You owe it to your appreciation for aesthetics to watch Cowboy Bebop--especially "Balld of Fallen Angels"--in high definition, :).

As for the "Fan Service" moments, I did consider cropping them in order to get widescreen 720p versions, but I opted against it. Honestly I can't imagine watching it any other way. However, if anyone would like to crop them, I'd be fine with it. If one can't download them from youtube, I can provide download links. I also plan to do the "Furi Kuri" FS moments as well. It's a shame that PH Forever isn't in HD, otherwise I would've done those as well. Again, mongo, thanks. I always appreciate your feedback.

Here are a few bumps, that I uploaded earlier today. The first is a "throwback":

Cowboy Bebop Marathon 1 (Remastered) [1080p]

I worked on a different end card. It's still a work in progress, but I do think it looks better than the previous one.

Next, it's another "throwback":

Swimbound (1080p)

The photo was taken at the same location as the original "swimbound" bump. This one was particularly difficult since the perspective was rather unconventional. It was difficult aligning the perspective of the text to the destination sign. Also, the text was dotted, so I tried my best to mimic the text. In addition, the photo's color "temperature," I believe was rather dull, so I added some effects to produce a faux-sunset/sunrise behind the signs. It's also a work in progress, but it looked decent enough to me to make a bump. Anyway, hope you guys like it.

Finally, here's another installation in the "Featured Music" series, :) :

Featured Music 8

The photo was irresistible--I felt compelled to make "Featured Music" bump out of it.

LittleFlyingMonsters

I animated some things based on some photos I found via Internet, here's got these going on

First one I made, Skull Pattern
Second, Boogie Down

Most likely will make more, I love making these
Lets tango.

link2113

I know this may not belong here, but I made like a theoretical anime lineup short. I know its pretty lame but hey why not share? lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVD-8Yu0AkA

Athias

@LittleFlyingMonsters:

Those bumps look great. The animation is impressive.

@link2113:

I enjoyed your promo--it looks good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are two new bumps of my own:

We're Watching...

ACTN Train Depot

Superneonsonvegasairwaves

Superneonsonvegasairwaves

How do people make video bumps? :D any who this is my attempt at making a video bump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BM3mI30qo