Main Menu

Extreme music track downloading questions?

Started by Anti Citizen One, July 26, 2007, 02:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti Citizen One

:-D Hi, just registered, adult swim bumps are a work of art, seriously. Had a question about obtaining music...

Some of the bumps provide links to www.extrememusic.com to the songs on the bumps, but are you supposed to be able to get music off of this site without needing to register as a music producer and pay a fee to get a liscense to use the site?  :? I'm only looking to download a track from this bump: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bump_display.php?bid=110 and i really can't find the track anywhere else on the web (adult swim does an awesome job finding music i'll give them that).

bumpworthy gives directions on how to download the track but as far as I know you can only do it as a member of extrememusic.com?

can someone get back to me on this? I REALLY WANT THAT SONG.

thanks.

mongo

Hey there, welcome to the forums! Extrememusic tracks CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED by the general public. They're production tracks created specifically for broadcasting purposes. We give directions to listen to the songs, but they can't be downloaded. You won't find them anywhere on the net because the license restricts what the companies can do with the music, and it's severely doubtful that any company that'd put down the money requiered for access to the library (which is quite a bit) would leak the songs and risk getting fined (especially considering that it'd be fairly easy to find the leak). I know it sucks, but it's one of the things that keeps the industry alive, since acquiring broadcast rights for released songs is a LOT more expensive. Sorry :-( (I was pretty bummed out when I found this out too).
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

kingnate

I don't know if this is allowed, but you could always find some nice recording software and record it right off the site. I don't think there's a law against that, as long as it's for personal use. But if not, my apologies.

Anti Citizen One

Cool thanks you guys, that makes a lot of sense.

I DO have audacity lol.... heh heh heh heh heh  :-P guess i'll record that little frag of the song...

Laughingboy69

Well for what mongo said...That's not entirely...accurate.

I think that line was from Independence Day...

It's actually possible to get (not download) the track off of their site, without the use of any special programs.

I'm not at liberty to say how though, just be creative.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on July 31, 2007, 09:54:25 PM
Well for what mongo said...That's not entirely...accurate.

I think that line was from Independence Day...

:lol: Yes it was... I use that one a lot  :mrgreen:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.