Main Menu

Looking for bump song.

Started by Muttyz, July 14, 2007, 01:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muttyz

The song has been played during Futuramas commercial break.

Ive got it DVR'ed, so i was able to copy the bump down, but i havent been able to find it, or the song.

It went something like this:
SPike-1

Dear Adult Swim,
Futurama is so <BLEEP> played out,
Play something different like more Ghost in the shell,
Or Trinity Blood, or Shin Chan.

All Those Shows already Air on Saturday Night, just show up half an hour later sunshine.
[Adult Swim]

Its drivin me nuts, Id like to copy it from my DVR, but unfortunately, i dont have a USB cable that is 120 foot long, and i am WAY too lazy to move the box.

mongo

I had taped that one but I deleted it since it was a card  :oops:. Do you know any other bump that uses the tune?
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Muttyz

not that i know of. ill check my dvr later though, ive got about a lot of shows from [AS] recorded. ill also check some on bumpworthy.
but i havent heard it before.

Muttyz

after checking an excruciating amount of AS shows, i havent seen it on any other cards/bumps.
i went through (roughly) 30 episodes, which took about 2 and a half hours.

Im switching tactics.  im moving my DVR box downstairs for the night, to get a few movies off of it, and while im at it, ill grab the card, so at least we can get that far.
My brother is god when it comes to "name that song", so if i can get an answer out of him, ill let you all know.

Muttyz

Due to technical problems (im a dumbass) i wasnt able to hook up the DVR to my computer, which means no card, and no song.

NumyMufn

I can't do it right now - I'm out of town for a couple of days - but I have the bump if we want to put it up in order to try and identify the song....
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Muttyz

so no luck finding an artist name here.
i figured i had a slim chance of finding it anyways.
I refuse to give up though, Ill keep looking,

NumyMufn

Well.  :|
  - I tracked down a song suggested by sailorbloodrose at the ASMB and for some reason I thought it was wrong, (I was on the road at the time)  :roll: but after I trimmed the bump down and listened to it, and finding that song again (I thought it had disappeared but I had downloaded it to my laptop and forgot :P) I think it is correct after all.... and if it's not I'd say it's close enough to keep those interested happy  :? so here goes:

It's "Dead in the Water" by Hawthorne Heights from the album 'If Only You Were Lonely'.

I'm gonna hold off on uploading the bump - unless someone thinks we still need it  :? I'd like to know what [as] is doing with that song... it doesn't seem to fit. They aren't a local (Atlanta) band - and I'm not aware of any previous dealings with Victory Records... anyone know anything?

I'm awake.

Muttyz

Well, fortunately, that is the song, unfortunately, the best part of that song was in the card, so it was a little disappointing.  Thanks for finding it anyways.
Hawthorne heights does have 2 albums on the Victory label, but they are able to release music on other labels.
Before being known as Hawthorne Heights, they were known as A Day In The Life, on Carbon Copy Media label, which was the lead singers own label. They originated from Ohio.
And thats all i know.

And we dont need the bump. i can confirm for sure that it is the song.

NumyMufn

Very unfortunately it's too often the case :P
As far as my doubts are concerned, it has more to do with the Chicago based record label than the music itself - I'm reasonably sure that's why I dismissed it in the first place and frankly, I'm still perplexed.  :| I guess I should be checking for other music from that label  :roll:

I'm awake.