Main Menu

Home Movies bump music

Started by nixon_regime, April 01, 2007, 11:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nixon_regime

Hi, just found this site (really cool idea btw!!) and could use some help with an obscure bump.

It was played during the Halloween episode of HM (the first screening of this controversial episode!) after the first commercial break. It was an uptempo/techno song with  what sounded like a little kid/baby laughing.  Anyways it was really cool, and as many of you already know, the bump music used for AS is either really easy to identify...or insanely difficult. Any help would be appreciated.

NumyMufn

eeek... I just checked with TV.com - was this in May of 2003? I thought they were still playing the First Aid bumps at that time... Do you remember anything else about the bump or the music?
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

I was just digging around the ASMB and the "Coffins and Cradles" episode re-aired on 10/26/03 which was after the b&w cards started airing, and I also have a better chance of locating a tape from that time...

I'm awake.

nixon_regime

It was during the first run of the black and white bumps (not the question and answer ones).  I distinctly  remember it came on after the first commercial break. I think I might still have it on videotape, but never was able to identify it or find anyone that could. Thx for the reply!

NumyMufn

Hey, if you can find it you don't need anything fancy - all you need is a voice recorder (a lot of cell phones have one) that you can sync with your computer and send us the file - it doesn't have to be a great recording, just enough to hear it. I'll keep looking... I know I had some from around that time - I'm just not well organized that far back :(

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

To who ever finds this or cares, I think that this person may be describing the track "Shloka Rhymes" by M. Caccialanza/P. Dinesh/S. Luscombe at Firstcom.com.  The album is the AS famous "Asian Beats Culture".  I believe that this might be the track because it has the "kid/baby laughing" and the "uptempo techno" kicks in soon after.  I know that I have heard this used on black and white cards since 2006.   

-RD. 

"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

Thanks for bumping this - I actually recently located that Halloween airing in 2003 and said "Why was I looking for this? :D Anyway, all the bumps that night were creepy and orange.... I don't recall hearing "Shloka Rhymes" but I don't have time to pull it out to check at the moment. I'm guessing we still don't have the correct air date but at least they can check out the firstcom recording now. I thought we had the bump from last August that used it posted here but it's not showing up. :P

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

NM,

Oh.  It sounds like we're talking "Extreme Halloween"/creepy FX stuff.  Maybe something from Extreme in the Halloween department?  If that is the case, I'll listen for some laughing FX and uptempo techno at Extreme Music's creepy stuff.  I'm sure you know all those scary cuts very well.
     It sounds like there were some cool bumps that night.  I couldn't be there to catch them because I was somewhere with a girl, that Halloween Night in 03, with a tire running out of air on an abandoned country road.  I'm getting off subject.  That isn't like me. 
     If I'm way off on the kind of genre you're talking about, let me know.  If not, you don't need to drop a line.

-RD.

NumyMufn

:-D  :lol:  :-D  :lol:  :-D

*ahem*  :oops: sorry  :roll:

I've had a chance to look over that night and I'm sure we're looking for a different air date. :P I did a little more digging and it was scheduled to have aired on 8/27/03 - which definitely would've included b&w cards - but judging by the posts on that day and the next it didn't :| Unless I can find a recording of that day I won't know for sure, though. Frankly, I'm not 100% sure the May 25th airing didn't have the b&w cards... it just sounds too early.  :?  At the end of March they were still using the First Aid bumps - I taped "Reign"  at that time, I got all excited when I found it 'cuz I wanted the codpiece bumps but it was too soon :P By the end of June they'd made the switch so it's not impossible.

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

NM,

I'm sorry too.  I've really helped this thread become confusing.  It was a "Halloween Episode" of Home Movies, not an air date on Halloween Night.  Sorry about wasting space on the boards.  The description did sound like "Shloka Rhymes", to me.  So, I thought I'd drop a line just in case.  Now I've made a little mess of things.  I'll stick to hard evidence from now on.   
-RD.

mongo

The only song I remember with a kid sound is Killa Kitty, but that's not it.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong