Main Menu

[OFFICIAL] - Post missing bumps here...

Started by Qman1, January 20, 2006, 09:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

The Laughingboy bump is completely totally SWEET! Thanx for the comments on the Truckin bump!! I mailed Crab to see if it's possible to skip re-encoding bumps already on XViD/DiVX, since that'd be a step forward, since encoding lossy format to another lossy format worsens the situation.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

You think you'll be able to do anything with that raw video I sent you? I've got another half dozen waiting.... :?
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

I'm thinking of what I'll do exactly but yeah, they definitely look better than the ones posted on the site, and that's a good start! You got anything else you want to send me, go ahead? :-D! No prob with me. One helpful thing, at least for what I've seen, static images, which means easier to tweak the pic in Photoshop  :-D.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Beefy

w00t!
Thanks for uploading those old Venture Bros. bumps.

I have some old bumps I need to capture and get up here.
Unfortunatly, a spring broke in my VCR and I never got around to fixing it.  Stupid VHS.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

NumyMufn

Stupid VHS indeed :P
I put Mongo to work on seven more bumps (I knew these whips would come in handy? :lol: ) Jus' kiddin' ya mongo! You're doing a great job!

THANK YOU, MONGO!!!

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Quote from: mongo on October 19, 2006, 11:33:51 PM
I'm thinking of what I'll do exactly but yeah, they definitely look better than the ones posted on the site, and that's a good start! You got anything else you want to send me, go ahead  :-D! No prob with me. One helpful thing, at least for what I've seen, static images, which means easier to tweak the pic in Photoshop  :-D.

Lol. If you can get me some HQ audio from those bumps, I can make some bitchin' sweet quality bumps using the pictures that are on [as].com. The Truckin' Bump looked like it may have been done that way, no?
I do Let's Plays now.

mongo

[Justin]I'm bringing sexy back...[/Justin]  :lol: just kiddin, thanks for the compliment Numy! Laughingboy, hit the nail on the head, that's exactly how it was done... I was looking for any of the other pics but well that was the only one on. Still, audio works fine with the pic, it's quite listenable.

crab

This is sort of off-topic, but relating to the last few posts..

Quality is a big issue for me, in both the Flash player and the downloads.  I am a perfectionist at heart and it urks me to see anything poor quality here.  Hell, in the past I've been hesitant to publish bumps that had even the slightest bit of timing error in the audio.

Trust me, I take the quality issue very seriously and I will do the best I can to make sure things look good.  On my end, pretty much all I can do is make sure that the re-encoding process doesn't throw away too much detail in the bumps.  I am aware of a couple issues in the live bumps that need to be fixed.  However, I am limited in resources (CPU resources, that is) with my webhost.  I am trying to work with what they give me and produce the best quality that I can, and you can expect to see some improvements in quality in the future.

mongo

Sure thing, dude! You certainly do a kick-ass job around here, that's undoubted! We're just trying to use doctoring tools to remedy the raw files from Numy here, to try to make em looks the best they can with (anthemic 80s music please...) modern technology (!, thundering echo...) since they're transfers from older recordings. If you know of anything that'd help for like improving image quality and stuff, fell free to pitch in!

crab

Yeah, I'm glad you all are working on it from the users' side.  I understand that's what you're doing and appreciate it.  The higher quality input you give me, the better I can make them look on the site.

As far as improving quality, if you can't use a still-image or find one (like the Truckin' one you re-did), then you just need to mess around with your encoder's settings (obviously, you know that).  But what to use?  Well, one of the best quality settings I've found in the past is a 2- or 3-pass VBR encoding with DivX, making sure you have it set for quality instead of speed.  It will take a bit longer, but that should be a negligable and acceptable sacrifice, especially since most of the bumps are very short (time-wise).  However, if you're using a program like Windows Movie Maker or the like, I can't offer any help.

Laughingboy69

Well if anyone supplies me with some High quality Image Caps and audio, I can After Effects most of them to make some nice looking bumps.

I'll be really busy most of this weekend, but feel free to send them anyway.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Hey, Mongo? :-)
Did you happen to upload the Gene Simmons -Kiss Babies bump? or are we still out of order?? :| I've had a slew of requests for the music at the ASMB (which of course we can't identify :P ) so it'd be nice if we had it up here? :mrgreen:

I'm awake.

mongo

I capped it, but haven't uploaded it yet, sorry about that  :-D. Been a little under the hammer lately, but I think I'll have a few moments later. By the way, do you know what song is that in the VB Meeting bump? (Haven't forgotten about your bumps by the way!)

NumyMufn

Hey, no worries  :-D priorities are.. well... priorities!  :lol:

That VB Bump is a Turner track called "The Syndicate" but I don't know what library it's from :( There's a track at APM with that title but it's definitely not the same song...

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Hey, mongo... when you get a chance... I didn't know if you had seen the stills in the ASMB wallpapers available for the "Stubbs Line" (last page) and the "Not to be Enjoyed" (#61 - #72) bumps.  :mrgreen:

I'm awake.