Main Menu

Are you a gamer?

Started by Qman1, January 23, 2006, 09:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qman1

Ive been gaming since I was a little kid. The games that I grew up with were Sonic The Hedgehog, Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros., Looney Toons, and The Pink Panther

Now, its been about 10 yrs and gaming has CHANGED SOME MUCH. They look so real! The game play is awesome in this day in age. PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox did major damage (in a good way) to the gaming world.

Now, with Xbox 360 out showing what it can do, will Sony's PS3 and Nintendo's Revolution change anything?

I have HIGH hopes for PS3. It should knock Microsoft's 360 off its block. (I hope Sony changes that controller from looking like a boomerang)
Nintendo has always been a classic franchise. Whatever they decide to do, it somehow revolves around their "revolutionary" controller,which looks like a remote to a TV.

Predictions?

Beefy

I'm mostly a PC gamer myself.

While the PS3 has more CPU power than the 360, it's how they use it that's important.

Both the PS3 and the 360 will have good games, but something tells me the PS3 will have more of them.

One thing that will be hard to topple is Xbox Live.  It's built in to every 360 and Sony has a lot of catching up to do to make an online service as seamless and extensive as Xbox Live.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

Qman1

Quote from: BeefyI'm mostly a PC gamer myself.

While the PS3 has more CPU power than the 360, it's how they use it that's important.

Both the PS3 and the 360 will have good games, but something tells me the PS3 will have more of them.

One thing that will be hard to topple is Xbox Live.  It's built in to every 360 and Sony has a lot of catching up to do to make an online service as seamless and extensive as Xbox Live.

Yeah, the games for the PS3 seem more appealing than 360's. It really does depend on how Sony will use all that power. AND your right about Sony's online delima. (Its just not as good as Microsofts)

NumyMufn

Quote from: QmanIve been gaming since I was a little kid. The games that I grew up with were Sonic The Hedgehog, Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros., Looney Toons, and The Pink Panther

Now, its been about 10 yrs and gaming has CHANGED SOME MUCH. They look so real! The game play is awesome in this day in age......

I know what you mean.... I started gaming when I was a kid, my friend had Pong...........  :roll: so , yeah, that bump where Pong evolved into the Futurama gang I could really relate...  :lol:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

Yeah, I've been gaming for as long as I've known and I love it  :D I agree with Beefy on the Xbox Live thing, it's gonna be hard to top it, however my vote goes PS3.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

leukoplast

I don't know about anybody else..but I have been hearing some bad reviews about the 360.

It seems Microsoft was too eager to get out and have the first new generation gaming system so they kinda released too early..and its nothing that special. In fact I have heard that its been having a lot of hardware failures.

Qman1

Quote from: leukoplastI don't know about anybody else..but I have been hearing some bad reviews about the 360.

It seems Microsoft was too eager to get out and have the first new generation gaming system so they kinda released too early..and its nothing that special. In fact I have heard that its been having a lot of hardware failures.

Failure within 45 mins I heard....
It was prematurely born into the world....and its only "slightly" better than Xbox1 (THE VISUALS ARE AWESOME THOUGH!)

Could've been better....(althought Microsoft DID ENHANCE THE ONLINE experience for Xbox 360, which is a plus)

leukoplast

yeah, I heard the online gaming was really the only decent enhancement.

either way I ain't gonna waste my money on it..Im waiting for the PS3 which will blow it out of the water.,

Qman1

Quote from: leukoplasteither way I ain't gonna waste my money on it..Im waiting for the PS3 which will blow it out of the water.,

and your money (expect it too be 400-500 dollars)

leukoplast

Yeah, I know its going to be pretty pricey...but I might wait it out until it lowers in price.

Zenigundam

Used to be. I own about 300 VGs for my Sega Genesis, NES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PS, PS2, XBOX and GC. It wasn't until last year that I stopped playing them, I must have cost my mom thousands on those. 50 bucks for something that gets old in a month, only to get 3 more for 150 in two weeks.

The Fav. ones that I still play. (The only ones that I still play) are:

Final Fantasy Adventure- GB
The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening- GB
Breath of Fire- GBA
Frogger- Genesis version.

I guess VGs really sloped me off with my DVD collecting too since I used to buy maybe 4 or 5 per year as opposed to about 20-30 games per year
All kids out of theh poowel--adult swim