Main Menu

B&W Cards - "Name That Tune"

Started by HomeMovies609, February 08, 2006, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_sta_bita

Does anyone know information on the Kikaider commercial break card? It had a silhouette of Jiro with his guitar.

NumyMufn

Quote from: the_sta_bitaDoes anyone know information on the Kikaider commercial break card? It had a silhouette of Jiro with his guitar.

eeek!  :shock:  That's an old one... I'm gonna have to consult MrHang!
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

tacticalmanta

Anyone know the music they play for the line-up clip?

NumyMufn

Quote from: tacticalmantaAnyone know the music they play for the line-up clip?
It's a track called "Mandeer" but it's from a library and not available to the public - only licensed production companies. You can listen to it at Firstcom.com, just type 'Mandeer' in the search box and when it comes up click on the 'DETAILS' button to access the different mixes.

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Quote from: NumyMufn
Quote from: the_sta_bitaDoes anyone know information on the Kikaider commercial break card? It had a silhouette of Jiro with his guitar.

eeek!  :shock:  That's an old one... I'm gonna have to consult MrHang!
Well, I'm still looking for a Kikaider tape (which I KNOW is here, somewhere)... and MrHang didn't have specific notes on this one but was able to narrow it down to these albums:

Algorithm - Banana Clip Vol. 3
Jay Dee of the Ummah - Vintage
The Official Jay Dee Instrumental Series - "Unreleased" Volume 1
Fat Jon as Maurice Galactica - Humanoid Erotica
Fat Jon the Ample Soul Physician - Lightweight Heavy

all of which I believe I have so as soon as I find it I'll make sure to post.

I'm awake.

Hybrdz

I was watching Dave Chappelle's skit with the Tupac song... and the song that the DJ played before it definitely sounded like a song from an Adult Swim B&W card...

Here's the skit:
http://www.alphatrance.com/hybr1dz/mus/Davechappelle.mp3

The song that I think is from a B&W card is played in the first few seconds of the above mp3 before it gets cut off by the DJ. If you know the artist or song let me know. Thanks in advance!

ensen

i was wondering if any1 knows what the song is during the bump with the unicorn and the nuclear explosion

NumyMufn

It's called "Kansas Intermede" but it's a library track, unavailable to the public  :cry:

I'm awake.

ensen

sarcasticswede

I recently saw this ad for Studio 60 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=okAzsow258s) and instantly recognized it as music that is in an adult swim bump. Anybody know what its called and were I can find a copy?

Laughingboy69

D-Code made by Dust Devil. You can find this song in many other commercials too.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

It's a remix of Tito Puente's "Mambo Gallego" which can be found in numerous forms. But the Dust Devil version is the property of Extrememusic.com. You can listen to it there, but they won't sell it to you unless you are a licensed production company.

Go to Extrememusic.com and click "Get Music" at the bottom
Once inside, click on "X-series" on the topleft.
Click on "Album Name" on the left and wait for the albums to load
Scroll down to find "Loungecore"
Click it, and wait for the tracks on the right to load.
"D-Code" should be the second track listed

I'm awake.

sarcasticswede

Thanks very much! It was driving me nuts!

Naota3k

EDIT: Nevermind, got it. :D

Shomar Shavis

Hey, I'm a brand new user, and it looks like you guys can name anything, so I am asking your help here.
On 9/26/06 at 2:00am during a commercial break on Family Guy, the following bump came on and I really liked the beat behind it:
"We took a look at the new Forbes 400 list.
This year you had to be worth at least a billion dollars
to even make the list of the four hundred richest Americans.
If that isn't depressing enough, the gentleman in third place
has been making one million dollars and hour
for the last two years straight.
Makes you wonder what the point of working is.
%#^@ it, we quit."

Any ideas on what this track is? Any help would be appreciated.