Main Menu

B&W Cards - "Name That Tune"

Started by HomeMovies609, February 08, 2006, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomeMovies609

Hey just stumbled upon the site today, great job whoever put it together awesome site, The past couple days on adult swim they've been playing a Bump that has a black backround and white lettering. It says at first ( i think ) ?to commercial , to domestic, and it keeps listing things, it eventually leads into - to one two punch, the musics cool and i really wanna be able to read all the ?phrases, cause they go away real quick, can anyone help me out with this? thanks a ton

NumyMufn

Quote from: HomeMovies609Hey just stumbled upon the site today, great job whoever put it together awesome site, The past couple days on adult swim they've been playing a Bump that has a black backround and white lettering. It says at first ( i think )  to commercial , to domestic, and it keeps listing things, it eventually leads into - to one two punch, the musics cool and i really wanna be able to read all the  phrases, cause they go away real quick, can anyone help me out with this? thanks a ton

You mean this one?
Family Guy

Card 1 - Intro (Reasons why we love television)

Deceptikon - Bossanovastyle A
Album - Lost Subject

and here's why someone called it the "Too" bump

Reasons why we love television:
It's no longer interesting
there's too much of it
it's too marketed
too programmed
too planned
too predictable
too forcibly creative
too already done
too suit and tie
too self involved
too bottomline
too commercialized
too logoed
[adult swim]
it's much too fast
too 1-2-punchline
too Neilsen
too look at me
too stupid
too not stupid enough
Here's Family Guy
[adult swim]
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

HomeMovies609

Awesome thanks so much for the too bump info, you rock. i was apply to limewire find the music , this is seriously one of the best sites i've ever stumbled upon, much street cred to the creator/creators and maintainers

NumyMufn

Thanks go to Crab for building the site  :D  

I'm glad we were able to help - a lot of this stuff is just impossible to find!

I'm awake.

moleman92106

i know some of you don't know the older bumps, but I was wondering if anyone here knows the artists on the bumps for Inuyasha from about 2 to 2 and half years ago.  i know they played Algorithm, suffer Great Nation, for one of them.  I remember they had some other hard ass instrumental beats, but I never bothered trying to find out.  the bump was a black and white one, before they started snazzing them up.  Can anyone help?

NumyMufn

Quote from: moleman92106i know some of you don't know the older bumps, but I was wondering if anyone here knows the artists on the bumps for Inuyasha from about 2 to 2 and half years ago.  i know they played Algorithm, suffer Great Nation, for one of them.  I remember they had some other hard ass instrumental beats, but I never bothered trying to find out.  the bump was a black and white one, before they started snazzing them up.  Can anyone help?

Did MrHang's answer to your question over at ASMB tell you what you wanted to know? He is the best source for what you are looking.

I'm awake.

Pleiam

Howdy,

I have been looking for the bump that contains the following info:

It primarily promotes the viewer music project.
I heard it during Dec. 05 Jan. 06
A vocalist in the music says something like "whoo, yeah..."
The bump narrator says, "Vote for (his/their) music at..."

I know its not much info but thats all I can think of. I have listened to all the bump music at [as] and haven't found it.

NumyMufn

I'm not sure but I think maybe you are looking for the bump saying you should vote for MC Chris for Spin Magazine's Band of the Year  - since there is no voting involved in the Viewer Music Project. If so here it is:

McChris - My Name Is
Album - Eating's Not Cheating
Listed at Amazon
Unfortunately I don't have a sample to link you to to check out the track  :cry: but here is his website:
http://www.mcchris.com/
There wasn't actually a narrator - just b&w text - and I'll have to track down the actual bump to listen to it. If you're sure that's not it, try describing the music for us - someone should be able to pick up on it.

I'm awake.

Pleiam

Quote from: NumyMufnI'm not sure but I think maybe you are looking for the bump saying you should vote for MC Chris for Spin Magazine's Band of the Year  - since there is no voting involved in the Viewer Music Project. If so here it is:

McChris - My Name Is

Thanks for the reply. I think McChris - My Name Is, is the one I am looking for.  I haven't found a clip of the track yet. I'll check back here often to see if anyone has the bump clip or a portion of the track.

Thanks

mongo

The only one I can remember that sounds like that is the MC Chris card too. I have a video of him performing live on Attack of the Show (G4), I can check out to see if that's the song. By the way, check out his album that's up for download on his site, it's very cool :P .
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

flux

Alright...I'm dying to get a track ID from one of the newer bumps, and you guys seem to be the leading place to get good bump intel from...so here is my request...

bump:
for Minoriteam, aired a few times, most recently at about 11:45 pm (EST) on Thursday, March 16th (during Family Guy).  The beginning of the bump goes something like this: "from the thoughtcans of two former taggers...and a guy who voluntarily hung out with Garey Busey..."

the beakbeat track they play in this bump is hot, and I must have it.  Anyone who knows the name/artist for this song, your help is greatly appreciated.

NumyMufn

That track is from Ilkae's 'Bovine Rearrangement' CD and it's available from www.merckrecords.com . It's  titled "Setzer" - which is actually the name of another merck artist (as are all the tracks on this CD) - so it's also been referred to as "Setzer Mix" to avoid confusion. But I'm still confused anyway...  :roll:

I'm awake.

flux

Thats the one...and damn, you hit that fast!  Thanks tons...think I may have an idea that may help alleviate the confusion a bit.  Looks to me like the track is originally by Setzer, but was remixed or reworked by Ilkae (found it in 2 places on the site, one on the cd you mentioned, the other was further down on a limited press 12").  Not sure that is exactly whats up with the confusing names, but its a pretty common thing in the world of electronic music for there to be like 4 or 5 remixes for every track that comes out.

Big ups for the help!

NumyMufn

I'm still used to the remix having it's own track title -    instead of just an artist name. i.e. Massive Attack's "Teardrop" (Scream Team remix) :? I have the cd and it sounds more like the other artists reworked Ilkae music - but I have nothing to prove it one way or the other  :roll:  as for the limited 12" there are several from that CD but I thought they were all sold out so I didn't bother to look them up again. The Merck Mix 3 CD also has a version labelled Ilkae - "Setzer Remix" but it's only 47 seconds long which is quite a letdown from the five minute eight second track on "Bovine Rearrangement"  :)

I'm awake.

flux

I contacted m3rck through the site you posted, he let me know that all of the packs that were sold as pairs are indeed sold out, but that there are a few pieces of wax still floating around the office loose...luckily for me, one of those loose pieces of wax was the Setzer mix (BV2).  Order has been placed, looking forward to getting this track into some heavy rotation.

I know what you mean pertaining to the remixes, usually there is something listed as to help differentiate between the original artist and the remixing talent...perhaps the vinyl will shed some light on the subject when it arrives...if I find out anything to alleviate the confusion some, I'll be sure to pop back in and let you know.  Good looks on the lightning fast help...

Sorry for the hijack, back to your regularly scheduled programming...