Main Menu

B&W Cards - "Name That Tune"

Started by HomeMovies609, February 08, 2006, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meda

ok.. did some more listening & looking.. I heard the intsrumental again on Thursday [ 1/25/07 ] seems to be the first bump directly after the Parental Advisory sign..

last night [ Monday 1/29/07 ] they played a different instrumental.. something techno based..

does anyone know the rates that instrumentals rotate out and what becomes of them once they do?

NumyMufn

Wow, that's a loaded question  :-D
First off, I think you were looking for the "Shuffle" bump from last week and unfortunately we don't know what it is just yet :( but it's the first time we've heard it and it's possible it'll turn up eventually.
As for the bumps in general... it depends  :lol: Okay that's not fair... Most of the B&W bumps change weekly, a few are standard for awhile and they change them when they feel like it. Same for the photo/art bumps - they can be a one night only deal or they can last for a year or more. The same can be said for the music. If they licensed it for use for an unlimited amount of time they can pull it out whenever they want. There really seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. The flavor of the month is music from Warp Records, but they pulled out a few Chrome Children tracks this week to hype the Chrome Children 2 album.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

DmbDestroyer

Ok, wierd request here. This is from an old bump. Probably 2 1/2 to 3 years ago. It was a catchy tune, and between short show previews, it would have an animated guy snapping his fingers in tune with the beat of the song. I remember one of the previews being of FLCL with the chick waving her butt in the air when the kid walked into the room and he was shocked.

NumyMufn

Wow, deja' vu  :roll:
That's technically a promo, but it's "Shake It!" by blackcowboy .... I'm not aware of it being released to the public other than a user made loop taken from the promo itself..... here's what I just posted at the ASMB (in case you came back here first):

"That, unfortunately is a library track. It's by blackcowboy and it's called "Shake It!" - they did release two CD's but that track was not on either of them. IF I'm not mistaken they were actually asked to write it for an episode of Sealab, "Waking Quinn". Apparently it's still out in some library somewhere because it turned up awhile ago in a Taco Bell ad, but all we ever had was a loop made by a user from that very promo. Since that's all we had I've also seen it called "Shake it Girl" or shake_it_gurl..... honestly I haven't looked for it anytime recently, if you find anything out on it please let us know! "

I'm awake.

stumpymcgoat

Hi
I'm new here and was wondering if anybody knew the songs from one of the UK b&w cards.
I don't have the bump itself but have an advert that uses the same song.
It's the one that says:
You'll be surprised how many bodies can fit under your patio
Especially if you don't have a patio
[adult swim]
The advert is here
I have been searching for this for months to no avail.
Thank you very much.

NumyMufn

I bet money that it's a library track... could make it difficult to impossible to find :( I'll see what I can do  :|

I'm awake.

stumpymcgoat

Thankyou very much in advance.
So far no-one wants to help.
I've been searching APM, Exytreme Music and even DeWolfe and have found nothing.
I havn't the time to look everywhere for it and need as much help as possible.
I don't even know what genre it is classed as

Laughingboy69

Quote from: stumpymcgoat on October 27, 2008, 09:35:40 PM
I've been searching APM, Exytreme Music and even DeWolfe and have found nothing.

It's not that no one wants to help.

I know how you feel when it comes to some song you heard on [as] you can't find anywhere else.

Hell, I'm still looking for the song what was used on all the 1st gen Anime Swim commercial bumps. (Also used way back on DBZ 1st season re-release promos on Toonami... Anyone?)

Some songs seem to just be plucked from an incredibly random source (Fact check?) and most of the time most Bump-Hunters have a hard time having a clue finding songs to really old or unrecognizable bumps. Also, if it means anything to you, everyone has a life outside of these forum walls, and can't always get to every request made, no matter how frequent.

btw, I'm not speaking for myself. I'm a terrible song hunter and if there are no lyrics to the song, have no hope of finding what even I am looking for. I leave it all to the trained professionals here at BW with the higher ranking than I have. :P

I know it's rough, but be patient dude. And if worse comes to worse, you might even forget the song existed before someone finds out, and then it's like, whatever, you know? :D
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Quote from: stumpymcgoat on October 27, 2008, 09:35:40 PM
:( I've done a bit of poking but nothing has turned up :( As for genre, it's most generally 'comedy' but sometimes there are categories for 'cartoons' or 'kids' .... if you're nosing about in a library that lets you search adjectives I had the best luck finding similar stuff using "wacky," "silly" and "slapstick". Other possibilities are "cheese" and "kitsch" - if I was getting too many results I added 'trombone' or 'scratchy' to narrow it down. If you find yourself with some time you can try going through sakuranotes.jp - it has a number of albums from various libraries but it's difficult to use the search function unless you speak Japanese  :| You can however go through them manually, but I confess it's tedious. There is an option to display in English, the publishers are in the column to the left and can be expanded to show all the albums. And please, I beg of you, if you find it please let us know  :oops: 

Oh criminey, I should look before I leap - here's a link to sakura's search page http://www.sakuranotes.jp/Search.aspx You can actually search using the box that is the second from the bottom, but it will only return results from the title of the track or album. There don't appear to be any track or album descriptions from which it can pull, at least not in English. You may also want to prepare yourself for the possibility that it's just a twenty second stinger with nothing else to it  :cry:

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

If you want, the category boxes are as follows:

Composition Category
Genre
Mood
Instrument
Tempo
Keyword
Track Title
Composer

That last one took me a good 10 minutes on its own to figure out. I'm not big on kanji, but luckily for me most of them were within the realm of music, and were very easy to find. I made sure to take notes.

Composer is spelled 作曲家 or (Sakkyokuka)
Instrument is spelled 楽器 or (Gakki)
Tune or Composition is spelled 楽曲 or (Gakkyoku)

You will notice that most of these are spelled using 楽 and 曲

楽 is essentially the kanji for pleasure, but is also mostly used for music purposes. It's Japanese reading or (Kun'yomi) is Tanoshii meaning Fun. Its Chinese meaning (On'yomi) is Gaku, which is where its musical connotations exist. In fact if you were to spell 音樂 you would have Ongaku, which is the Japanese word for music.

曲 is also frequently used on the site, and has an On'yomi of Kyoku. That however is a very weird definition for me to grasp, apparently it's more of a compound that goes together with other kanji to actually form a word, but seems to signify a body of something. Generally when it's used with other music kanji, it signifies a composition, or body of music.

And just for kicks, the On'yomi for 器 is Ki, which is generally used for utensils or vessels. That explains the usage in the word 楽器 (Instrument)

I'll try explaining Sakkyokuka. Essentially it sounds like "Having a profession to make tunes," where 作 is "to make," 曲 is "tune," and 家 is used as a compound to signify a profession. Example: 音楽家 or Ongakka means musician. Thusly, Sakkyokuka is a Composer.

That's your Japanese lesson for today. I think that's about all you will need to know about the site. Let me know if there's something else you will need translated. I'm only good for Japanese though.
I do Let's Plays now.

chitownluv35

I just saw a black and white bump that had the AS shows paired up with college football teams and I wanted to know the song playing. It's pretty sick.

mongo

I just upped the bump, so it should pop up when the server's back online.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

mongo

Good news!! Following my hunches I just found out the song is:

Artist: David Banner
Album: Certified
Song: On Everything

Here's a bump with the same song info and additional notes you should read: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1102
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Shirokee

Okay, the bump I am requesting the music from is very recent.

The bump is talking about (announcing?) the Venture Brothers Season 4 volume 2 DVD.

In the background is a jazzy piece that is mainly saxaphone. I've heard the tune before so I believe it's a fairly well known or famous piece. any help would be appreciated!

NumyMufn

If I recall correctly I believe that was "Get a Move On" by Mr Scruff

Here is an older bump with that song: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/2559

I'm awake.