Main Menu

PROMO MUSIC requests/finds

Started by Moose, December 26, 2006, 12:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan D.

The Family Guy Promo with Seth M., listed at asfdotcom.net as "2007 Super Bowl Sunday Promo", is the same bump music used in the "Assy McGee Thanksgiving" Bump.   

Artist: Teddy Lasry
Album: Jazz Club
Title: Midnight Blues
Available: Firstcom.com** 

It's a production track. So, we all know what that means.  The usual **Hail Marry, Mother of Grace. We may listen to this track in its entirety, the Lord is with you, but not download or purchase anything from their site, Amen. 

I'm hot on the trail of a couple other Family guy promo tracks that are used over and over again.  But for now it is the Fourth of July and I have things to light on fire.
"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

Quote from: Ryan D. on July 03, 2008, 10:03:09 PM
**Hail Marry, Mother of Grace. We may listen to this track in its entirety, the Lord is with you, but not download or purchase anything from their site, Amen. 

:-D  :-D  :-D

This should be our motto on the front page
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

A ridiculous 12oz. promo from awhile back, listed as "12oz. Mouse Marathon Promo 2" at asfdotcom.net, is...

Artist: Herbert, Victor
Title: Bottoms Up
Album: Cocktail Lounge
Available: Extrememusic**   

**Production site.  No downloading or purchasing.  You may only listen.

Ryan D.

Here's a few more that aren't listed at asfdotcom.net yet.   

1. Aqua Teen Hunger Force...
ASF title: Dr. Carl
Artist: Mondstein/Part
Title: Ginger Snap   
Album: Singing Easy

2. Brak Show
ASF title: Adult Swim Puppet Show Party 2   
This music is the same as the "12oz. Mouse Movie Marthon Promo 2" that I listed above. 

3.The Boondocks 
ASF titles: the "Uncle Ruckus", "Power of Cheese", and "Guns" promos are all the same track.  It's also the same music used for the classic "AS Subway Bump".
Artist: Glynn, Dominic
Title: Easy Street
Album: Future Jazz (BRS 24)
Available: Apmmusic**

4. The Boondocks
ASF title: Season 2 Promo 1
This music is the same as the "Assy Mc Gee Thanksgiving" bump and also Seth's "Super Bowl Sunday, 2007" thing.  I recently listed the info for this above too. 

5. Harvey B.
ASF title: Toilet Humor Fan DVD Promo
Artist: Jo Part
T: Pink Flamingo
Album: Latino Beano

6. Harvey B.
ASF titles: the "Horny Hippo Promo", "Hippo Promo", "Phil Promo", "Bird Girl Promo", "Phil Promo 3" and "2006 Promo 3" are all the same track.
Artist: Gerhard Golzo
Title: Silk ?N? Vice
Album: Cocktail Lounge
Available: Extrememusic

7. Sealab 2021
ASF title: Crazy Language Promo
Artist: Antonio Carlos Jobim (The father of Bossa Nova) and Elis Regina (Jobim's first lady of song) 
Title: Aguas de Marco (Waters of March)
Album: Elis & Tom (1974)   
Available: Amazon.com

Ryan D.

I had to modify my message about the recent Boondock's promo.  The track used is not "Jelly Roll" from Extreme.  It's "Black Dust" from the album "Slick" in the twisted series over at Extrememusic.  This music is used in the "2008 Nov. Rerun promo" as listed over at ASFDOTCOM.

Beefy

I could have sworn that promo aired before.  Not sure why I never uploaded it.

Thanks for the music info.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

Beefy

I received a request for information on music used in a promo. 
It's the one with Knives snapping his fingers.  I thought it was answered on this board somewhere before.

QuoteI have no idea if you would know this, but I thought there was no harm in asking. Would you happen to know the name of the song in the Saturday Lineup promo video with the subtext "Snap your fingers, stomp your feet, shoot your guns, shock your d00ds".  Its a minute long video. I have been looking for it everywhere!! And if you do know it, do you know where I could downoad it?
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.

NumyMufn

*ahem* yeah... not deleting my previous reply but it's pretty darn embarrassing now, sooo.... shrinkin' it. Still "Shake It!" - found at Killer Tracks.

I haven't done any checking recently, but it was officially known as "Shake It!" by blackcowboy. It was commissioned for a Sealab episode ("Quinn's Awakening" I think) where it picked up the the nickname "The Uh-oh Song", and  fan-made loop from the promo is labeled shake_it_gurl . I was able to track down blackcowboy at one point and they had two CDs for sale, the titles escape me at the moment, but it's not on either of them. At whatever point it turned up in a Taco Bell ad we assumed it had landed in a production library as yet unknown, and if that's true they could easily have renamed it. :|

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

The promo music used in the September 2007 Promo Milk: "It's what's for dinner.", listed under A.S. General at ASFDOTCOM, is...   

Track: Pillow Walk
Composer: Brian De Mercia
Album: Kidz Stuff
Available: Extreme Music 
Filed under the X-Series

NumyMufn

The current anime promo [ACTN December 2008 Promo] is "Roshambo" by Bayside from the album 'Shudder'

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Under A.S. General, July 2009 Promo II
Track: "Tonight at the Sands"
Composer: Jack Arel / Jean-Claude Petit
Album: Archive - Las Vegas
Firstcom.com

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

At ASF, under "Adult Swim General", the "March 2007 Promo", with the nerd from Robot Chicken, the music info is...

Artist: Heinz Kiessling
Track: My Wonderful Love
Album: Between Day and Dream
Available: ?  Unfortunately, this is all that I can find about it for now... 

http://www.brillant-musik.de/blisscds/BRA10001cd.html 

I know that this is the right track because I heard it on my easy listening satellite radio today.  Mods will notice our good library friend Werner Tautz.  I guess he composed this.

NumyMufn

Quote from: Ryan D. on August 27, 2009, 08:43:12 PM
At ASF, under "Adult Swim General", the "March 2007 Promo", with the nerd from Robot Chicken, the music info is...

Artist: Heinz Kiessling
Track: My Wonderful Love
Album: Between Day and Dream
Available: ?  Unfortunately, this is all that I can find about it for now... 

http://www.brillant-musik.de/blisscds/BRA10001cd.html 

I know that this is the right track because I heard it on my easy listening satellite radio today.  Mods will notice our good library friend Werner Tautz.  I guess he composed this.
Just on a hunch I searched Werner Tautz in some of our standard libraries and found this song at Extreme, - it's in the X-Series on the album 'Festive Chestnuts' with the song title as "Sweetheart Serenade" - the GEMA website confirms it as an alternate title.

It looks as though the album 'Between Day and Dream' was commercially released at some point from Bliss Records - here's an interesting link ;) I love how it's called 'Test Card' music. Does anyone ever show the test card anymore?

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Bleach Fifth Promo - The bulk of it is the library track "Boom Addict" from Extreme on the album 'Bassline' under X-series
The end clip for the movie is "Senna" from the soundtrack of the Bleach Movie "Memories of Nobody"

The Bleach Movie promo is "Cairo Stylo" - also from Extreme.

I'm awake.

Beefy

I'm going to start calling y'all the Music Hounds, since you're so good at tracking down songs.