Main Menu

Why is Saul and the molemen a thing???!

Started by KOTHislove, July 04, 2014, 02:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOTHislove

Dude that show is visual excrement leaking out of my tv at 4 in the damn morning.

KOTHislove

Are there any fans out there at all? Could you maybe help me understand some things? like why tf is that show still around????

mongo

:lol: , to each their own! I actually like that show, the visuals are intentionally low quality but the script was (to me) quite funny in a very silly way. Then again, I'm more partial to older era [as] stuff... The Heart She Hollers is a bit too insane for me, for example. But you're definitely not alone in the dislike, it's a widely panned show :-P
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Yeah, I don't think there's any explaining it - either you find it amusing or you don't.  :|  (I get real tired of Tim & Eric fans who say "You just don't get it" to people who just don't find it funny.) For some I suppose it's wrapped up in the nostalgia type thing, like "I can't believe I used to watch Saturday morning shows that were this bad!"  Sadly, I have been awake at that ungodly hour a lot recently. I never hated the show but I just said to myself a few days ago that it's funnier than I remember :) Personally I find amusement in the fact that Saul Malone and Johnny Tambourine are played by the same actor - I don't know why, I just do. I also can't say "Indochina" without chuckling anymore, but I suppose that has to do with the ridiculously long and totally nonsensical thread at the ASMB that popped up after whatever episode that was from.

I guess the good news for you is that whatever airs at that hour never gets more than one run-through at a time, and there aren't that many episodes of Saul. On the other hand, I love that some of the less successful shows get to make an occasional reappearance on my TV. It's nice to see stuff I don't have memorized  :roll: and sometimes it's better than I remember. Bonus!
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.