Main Menu

Help an actor out

Started by Bluejayjay86, October 27, 2013, 04:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluejayjay86

Hi guys,

I recently shot a commercial for the movie Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa and it is only airing on Adult Swim. Should have been airing for the past couple weeks or so. In it, I play the grandson's elementary school teacher and I am having a parent-teacher conference with Johnny Knoxville as Bad Grandpa.

I don't have cable and have not been able to watch the commercial anywhere online and I'm worried I won't be able to get a copy for my reel (commercial actors don't get a copy of their work, we have to find it ourselves).

If you guys could help me watch/get a copy of the ad I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you!
J

NumyMufn

I wish I could help you, but I don't recall seeing that  :| My Comcast has a habit of playing over network ads with their own advertising and local ads. :( I don't know if one of the guys caught it or not, and I'll try and have another look for it. Based on past experience, custom AS ads typically only run during the (at most) seven days prior to the premiere of a movie... so October 24th is probably a good place to start.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Beefy

I remember seeing quite a few Bad Grandpa commercials over the last few weeks, but I don't recall any with a parent-teacher conference.

Were there any specific lines of dialog you can let me know to look out for?  It would help ensure I'm looking at the right commercial.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

Bluejayjay86

Thanks for the responses, guys! Still haven't been able to watch the commercial.

As for what to look out for:
It's a promo for the movie, so it has clips from the movie in it, but it's not a trailer. I play the grandson's elementary school teacher and I am sitting opposite Johnny Knoxville in his Bad Grandpa getup showing him disturbing drawings his grandson has done at school. He reveals that those events actually took place and clips of the parts of the movie portrayed in the crayon pictures are shown for each new drawing I produce. That's the basic gist of it. It was mostly improvised and would have been condensed down to 30 seconds, so I'm not sure what dialogue would be in it or if it came out exactly as described.

Let me know if you or someone you know can help!

Thank you!!!,
j

terrorist96

I'd be interested in seeing it as well