Main Menu

Thanks to the guys at the health food store...

Started by NumyMufn, August 07, 2013, 08:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

... for giving me 10% off for recognizing that Blockhead was playing  :-D
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Jeff

Yeah... the "discount for recognizing music" game would seem like a dangerous one for businesses to play with you, NumyMufn.

NumyMufn

Yeah, I don't know... I was kind of embarrassed that I didn't 'nail it'  :roll: I was perusing the essential oils when I had one of those slow motion eyes-glazed-over moments, "what am I hearing? Is that what I think it is?" (I've never been particularly fast on my feet, and it was so out of context... plus it's been over two years since a Ninja Tune track has graced a new bump.) One of the guys observed this and asked with some concern, "Do you need any help?" At which point I momentarily shook it off and replied, "oh, no, it's your Muzak..." starting to drift away again... "What is that? Is that ... Blockhead?" He didn't know, and asked Guy #2 who took one look at me and said, "How do you know that?" Which caused me to spew forth "Adult Swim bumps... " blah blah "Ninja Tune..." and other music ramblings. The embarrassing part was the hesitant guess on the track title. I said "Caveman's Lament" which I almost immediately remembered is actually a Clark track, but didn't figure out my brain was looking for 'Music by Cavelight' (the album) until I was back out in the parking lot  :roll: ahh, yes, all became clear in the car.  :-D
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.