Main Menu

Bump music competition?

Started by [strange.R], June 27, 2013, 11:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[strange.R]

I remember I saw this bump talking about "oh you think you got beats, well send 'em over" or something, and adult swim put out an email address or something. This was a long while ago, like maybe 2006 or 2007 maybe earlier. I was thinking they should do it again. I know a lot of people and underground artists, including myself, who feel like we have a shot at it. Anybody else think they would be down for it?
I'm not insane, I've simply Evolved past your way of thinking...

mongo

It would be awesome, but I think they had too many problems with it the first time to go through that again. People in the VMP used unlicensed samples and stuff that got them in trouble even when the rules stated it wasn't allowed, if I'm not mistaken the VMP was shut down because of it. Airing something without the proper clearance can wind up costing a huge bunch of money.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

I don't know if it was ever officially stated that way, but I know I caught samples here and there that I'm certain weren't licensed properly. I do know that the guy who was in charge of it left Williams Street on November 1, 2006. He said there was  a stack of unopened submissions on his desk and hoped they would at least sift through those after he left. As far as I know this is the only thing that showed up after that: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/4236 (and when they say "of 2005" I believe it was announced during the last two weeks of December so we didn't really start hearing stuff until 2006)
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.