Main Menu

Your Top Ten Favorite HD Bumps

Started by mongo, October 03, 2012, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

Hey guys, more this! While it's no secret I personally haven't clicked much with the HD era, looking back there have been quite a few really cool bumps. Like the last time, the point of this is just having something fun to talk about with the community. So, what are your top ten favorite HD era bumps? Hope to see some lists and comments again! :-D

Mongo's Top Ten Favorite HD Bumps
10. Fax Us B&W Mural
I've always been a fan of the mural bumps, and the black and white works really well here. Nice beat and funny text!
09. Cows Love Blimps
A classic [as] bump here, no doubt! Quirky picture with a great beat. Love the sepia in this one.
08. Levitating Girl Collage
Strange, yet beautiful. Love all the colors in it, and the beat's really nice and relaxing. Points off for the [adult swim] end card, but still great.
07. Owls Reading Map
I loved the entire Owls series, but this one was awesome. They managed to make the owls look so evil, it made that relaxing Nightmares on Wax bit sound ominous.
06. Nuclear Love v2
Loved this one in the SD era, but the HD pic took it up a notch. The quiet Bibio song works here as well, although I was used to the other one.
05. Clouds - Cow Collision
Just a beautiful, beautiful bump. The song is perfectly epic for the oncoming explosion of colors and stuff. Great concept!
04. AS Monetized Holiday Content
I dug this from the moment I saw it. Laughed out loud with the text, grooved to the smooth beat. Great for the holidays.
03. Color Bar Forest
I'm a sucker for anything TV-related, so the bars and tone hit home. I think this was a great idea, really creative and unusual with a nice result.
02. Let Us Go Forward Together
We should have stuff like this every week. Clasic [as] design; beautiful picture, excellent beat, it's just relaxing to watch.
01. Arlen Bank - Train Station
This is the kind of stuff I loved about the older bumps; beautiful, very relaxing, funny voice over and just a great thing to watch before King of the Hill (which happens to be a personal favorite).

Honorable Mentions
This time around it's mostly my favorites from the random video series. Let's go!
05. Flip's Tips - Water
This was one of those series I didn't dig at first, but grew on to love later. Funny and concise with a great host.
04. Drummer - Lunar Eclipse
Quirky enough for me to like it! Love the live action/CG mix, nice concept. Great series, really.
03. Harmonic Elko NV
Strange, and really left field, but definitely has it's quirky charm. Dug the bad signal effects.
02. Genetic Pipe Probe
I'm a bit torn on this one, since it still doesn't feel like a bump to me. However, it's a great weird video; nice CG, good colors.
01. Cowboy - Shoe Your Horse
One of the rare series I dug from the start. The cowboy's hilarious, I just laughed out loud with the anvil song bit.

Well, that does it on my side. What do y'all dig? :-D
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

atombomb horse

I still miss the non HD bumps but I have favorites of these.

No particular order but here are 10 of my favorites.

Cool TV for science people [adult swim] we're smokin (guy mask freakout).
A D U L T  S W I MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Cold War is over, we won. [adult swim]
Morphing tree falling
Flip's Tips Stars
Owls on survailence camera
Owls in front of blurry building
Dog on laptop
All Free TV Weekend [adult swim] BONUS!
Some number on the channel thing [adult swim]
Xtreme Bump Master 5000

NumyMufn

Quote from: atombomb horse on October 20, 2012, 09:28:04 AM

A D U L T  S W I MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I hear this every time I type 'adult swim' .... it's a wonder I don't add all those extra 'M's  :roll:

That's an interesting collection you have there.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.