Main Menu

help!! cant find new adultswim commercial song

Started by chillfactor, August 14, 2012, 10:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasharpminor

New update on this song!

Someone seemingly official has notified me that the sample we've been hunting was created just for the bump. The top comments here that identified the sample in the mix as "Manhã de Carnaval" by Luiz Bonfá and Antônio Maria were exactly right. AS production people recorded someone at Williams Street singing the, "I'll sing while I play my guitar" part and altered the clip with certain effects like pitch, noise decay, chorus effects, and then used a synth guitar MIDI to create the background instrumental music. Apparently the whole thing is just one tiny loop, built for a 15 second bump. It was just a fun project.

Looped here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1DIGskNFBU

chillfactor

ahhh thats kinda a bummer! but thanks everyone for the effort :mrgreen: yall are boss! next project is to find someone to make a full bump outta it

NumyMufn

I'M NOT CRAZY!!!!  :-D

.... today  :roll:

I was trying to track down an unrelated issue when I ran across this bump from last year:

http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/4416

So at least I did hear it before :lol: ... amazing that no one seemed to notice last time.

Also, we now have the Facebook bump uploaded: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/5316
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

I should also point out that the older bump has a different cut of the song, not that it will magically become available but it's clearly longer than fifteen seconds.

I'm awake.

mongo

I don't wanna be that guy, but besides the sparse electronic tracks that Tao-Te-Swim made in Logic back in 2004-ish, [as] rarely records music for bumps in house. If it's an exclusive track, it's usually an unreleased track from a producer like David Banner or Flying Lotus (I don't think this one's by either of those though).
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

That's not entirely accurate... but you do have a point with which I agree.

... and I'm splitting hairs, but I do like the quote from 'Independence Day'  :-D

I'm awake.

mongo

Hence the "rarely" :-P Modified the last post since I wrote it on my phone and the statement I made didn't come through clearly.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

I did confess to splitting hairs... but I guess one has to define 'rarely' and also 'in-house' ... and I suppose I'm lumping some Toonami stuff in there, too, cuz it is Williams Street after all and it did leak into the Swim as well. In addition to Tae-te-Swim, Kamal Stoddard, Tim Meany and DJ Clarknova, I would consider everything by Joe Boyd Vigil, Chris Devoe, Cee-lo Green, Dangermouse, Michael Kohler (credited alongside Sean Akins on the First Aid bumps) and The Adult Swim Singers all in-house. Some employees, others sub-contractors or freelance but working closely with WS. Jason DeMarco (Clarknova) tweeted something around the time of all this buzz that made me wonder if he was getting nagged about it, but I never looked into it. I have little doubt that the recent humming of the Jeopardy theme was hummed by an employee, but no one is talking... we know that AssProd whispered the Gigantor theme, and there's a bump of footsteps they claim to have recorded around here somewhere.

So is it unusual? Sure, but not unheard of... and I totally agreed with your assessment of someone whose full time job is music often being involved.

I'm awake.

mongo

True, there is more history of in-house (or close) music on [as] than just short vignettes and stuff. Didn't know about the Clarknova tweet, that adds a lot more to the in-house theory.

Quote from: NumyMufn on September 23, 2012, 12:00:05 AM
So is it unusual? Sure, but not unheard of...

That was the gist of it :-P  Carry on, hope a full version can be found! Infectious beat :-D