Main Menu

The Fool 2012

Started by Beefy, March 30, 2012, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

Yeah, I've rewatched that a few times and am pretty puzzled myself. I guess there's also the possibility of sticking Tom to intro the standard lineup, but I wouldn't be entirely crazy about that myself :|
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

If there's one thing I've learned it's that you never know when AS is yankin' ya' ...  :-P :roll:

I am intrigued by the hashtag  on the tweet from the FUNi rep ~ #ratingsmatter ~ that makes me think it really was a test. Steve Blum and Jason DeMarco are both fanning the Twitter flames.

Here are some stats on the #BringBackToonami front: http://topsy.com/twitter.com/adultswim/status/187004036824834049
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

It'll come back when I release a new User Bump...

Pessimism aside, don't expect a return so soon. Even if we did get it back, it would probably take a while to create new content. Though I don't think they'll make a new TOM version or do anything that screwed up the Toonami of old, I'm sure they'll need to make new stuff. More game reviews, intros and bumps, commercials, upscaling to HD content (If you noticed, a lot of the videos of TOM v3 were still SD format and you can check that on CNVault's Youtube page). It probably wouldn't be back next week even if they intended to bring it back for good, and worst case scenario if they do, the lineup wouldn't change drastically.

Though Funimation's enthusiasm makes me laugh. Considering they were JUST booted off Verizon FiOS late last month this may be a way for them to make a comeback on Cable TV. They aren't as pronounced as they used to be on that front and it would do them good to bring back old favorites as well as new licensees to the mix (They also own ADVs entire [?] library so it'd be a good opportunity to get stuff like Chobits a run just for nostalgic sheets and giggles).

At the end of the day [as] needs the ratings on Saturday nights. Considering the only time I watch CN is for King of the Hill reruns (Doesn't help I don't have CNHD, FiOS likes to punish their customers by withholding good content in exchange for Pets.TV) it'd be a terrific change of pace.

/end long post

Totally unrelated but if anyone wants to send me their old tapes I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands. :D
I do Let's Plays now.