Main Menu

The Fool 2012

Started by Beefy, March 30, 2012, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

We're firing on all cylinders video-wise :-D
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Ryan D.

Was that great or what!?  The "Room" kicked in...  :-o :-(... then...  :-o :-D :cry: :-)... That was crazy!  Loved it.  How about that interesting montage that wasn't a bump or a promo!?  Beautiful words of wisdom being spoken by the voice actor for "Jet", I think, from "Bebop", talking about space, moving forward, not giving up, if I remember correctly.  I hope we post that here or at ASF. 

I became a moderate viewer of AS in 2003 (ACTN) then a hardcore viewer in 2005.  This was a really exciting thing for me, getting to see a classic Toonami line-up.  I've only heard stories and remember one night in 2001, turning on "Gundam Wing", thinking this is awesome but what in the world does "Adult Swim" mean!? 
"The dawn is your enemy."

Laughingboy69

Yeah, I know I don't post here often, but...

OMG BEST APRIL FOOL'S DAY EVAR!

I'm hoping that the 90's Nick thing has really rung in with CN and hopefully they'll replace [as] Saturday with a more adult oriented Toonami like last night. I choose to be hopeful that they'll realize there's a market for this kind of thing.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Quote from: Ryan D. on April 01, 2012, 11:57:47 AM
Beautiful words of wisdom being spoken by the voice actor for "Jet", I think, from "Bebop", talking about space, moving forward, not giving up, if I remember correctly.  I hope we post that here or at ASF.... 

... this is awesome but what in the world does "Adult Swim" mean!?
It means ALL KIDS OUTTA THE POOL!!!  :-D Man, you really missed out on some cool stuff. I suspect "Dreams" is already at ToonamiArsenal.com ... which is just a step away from ASF...  it's a classic. Oh, yeah, wow! those guys are fast  :lol: they already have last night's hijinks posted on the main page, including an HD version of "Dreams." You can find the old version under 'Middle Toonami' ~ and yes, the VA is Beau Billingslea. Those kinds of things were staples of the block. I'm hardly an expert, though. I was pretty firmly entrenched in the Midnight Run but the afternoon block was difficult for me to catch so there's a lot that I missed, too :(
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

crab

Ohhhh, I wish I still had cable :(  Glad to see some of the videos already up on Toonami Arsenal.  Watching and loving...  That fake "The Room" intro is great!

NumyMufn

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on April 01, 2012, 12:12:51 PM

I'm hoping that the 90's Nick thing has really rung in with CN and hopefully they'll replace [as] Saturday with a more adult oriented Toonami like last night. I choose to be hopeful that they'll realize there's a market for this kind of thing.

Well we're always glad to see you  :lol:

The buzz I'm seeing from insiders suggests they really are looking for feedback on this so depending on what they hear it could become a reality. SO MANY users at the ASMB dug up old accounts and logged on last night, mostly positive.  :roll: It's amazing what some people will find to complain about. Anyway, I just got this off Steve Blum's Facebook:

"Yo, Toonami Faithful...
Thanks for tuning in. Hope it kicked in some happy memories and kicked off a happy April! As you (hopefully) know, bringing Toonami back isn't up to me. I'm just a voice guy. Many of you want to know how to make your voices heard. Maybe start here... http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/ Go to "programming" then "Toonami"
Love you guys from the bottom of my servos."

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Quote from: NumyMufn on April 01, 2012, 02:29:08 PM

The buzz I'm seeing from insiders suggests they really are looking for feedback on this so depending on what they hear it could become a reality. SO MANY users at the ASMB dug up old accounts and logged on last night, mostly positive.  :roll: It's amazing what some people will find to complain about. Anyway, I just got this off Steve Blum's Facebook:

"Yo, Toonami Faithful...
Thanks for tuning in. Hope it kicked in some happy memories and kicked off a happy April! As you (hopefully) know, bringing Toonami back isn't up to me. I'm just a voice guy. Many of you want to know how to make your voices heard. Maybe start here... http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/ Go to "programming" then "Toonami"

DONE. I just wish I had more tapes from when I used to record CN stuff all the way back in the early '00s. I miss the old [as] Saturdays and Toonami.  :cry:
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Heh, the ASMB is down:

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later"

I wonder if it's really traffic (it could be, with all this) or if we broke it with all the April Fool's modifications we made  :roll:

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on April 01, 2012, 03:27:08 PM
... I just wish I had more tapes from when I used to record CN stuff all the way back in the early '00s. I miss the old [as] Saturdays and Toonami.  :cry:

I feel ya' on that one. I can't tell you how giddy I get sometimes when I pull out an old tape. I wish I had been more consistent in the old days... and not taped over any series tapes when I bought the DVD's ... oh the Codpiece bumps, I want the Codpiece bumps!!!  :-D

I'm awake.

mongo

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on April 01, 2012, 12:12:51 PM

I'm hoping that the 90's Nick thing has really rung in with CN and hopefully they'll replace [as] Saturday with a more adult oriented Toonami like last night.

Hey man, glad to see ya again! Yep, I'll join in on the chorus; I totally wish the Toonami thing was more permanent too, it was just perfect.

Quote from: NumyMufn on April 01, 2012, 02:29:08 PMAnyway, I just got this off Steve Blum's Facebook:

"Yo, Toonami Faithful...

Done :-D I definitely want more. Lastly, yes, I hate that I didn't have a working VCR back then! If only I'd known, some of my best memories come from Toonami. I was so happy when I discovered Toonami Arsenal :-D
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

Yes, thank goodness for TDA. I was taping all the wrong stuff in the '90's ... I've thrown away about a hundred tapes of stuff that WGN was running as a Sci Fi/ Fantasy block that  I never actually bothered to watch.

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Another suggestion for feedback, pared down a bit from the source

the best thing to do is to write actual letters TO CN.

Paul Dini, ... says himself about his cancelled show "Tower Prep," "Many people have asked me about petitions, e-mail campaigns and the like to keep the show going. ... of all of the options, an e-mail campaign would have the least effect. Actual posted (stamped and mailed)letters are what most networks respond to. I once heard Seth McFarlane say that after Family Guy was cancelled the first time, Fox was ready to reconsider after they received something like only 200 letters. ..."

ADDRESS:

Mr. Stuart Snyder
President
Cartoon Network
1050 Techwood Drive NW
Atlanta GA 30318

I'm awake.

Jeff

Two thumbs up from me, that was great fun.

At first I thought Tom was just going to be announcing the normal Saturday lineup, then the in-between said "next Dragonball Z, later Gundam Wing," and I was like "whaaa....."

Ryan D.

Speaking of Tom, this may have already been mentioned but I'm too lazy to check... He did say something to the extent of "New Bleach next week, only on Toonami, on AS."  Maybe they've got a trial run for the next few weeks?  The messages that Numy posted by insiders, about  not knowing if AS will pick up Toonami again... if they don't know, why did they set up a Toonami block pitch for next week?
"The dawn is your enemy."

Night0wl

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that bleach promo for the next episode, but I went on the adult swim website the next day and checked the schedule for next saturday to see that it was just the regular line up, but who knows if as or cn get enough feedback from all the toonami petitions and not to mention adult swims twitter post we may see it back this weekend. wishful thinking.