Main Menu

How to upload pics & custom bumps?

Started by NYSXxNemesis, January 10, 2012, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYSXxNemesis

Ok this will now be my second attempt at posting this I haven't seen much on here about uploading your own pictures & custom bumps would this be a possibility? I feel not being able to upload your own pics gives the site a lack of individuality. Another thought is a favorites option much like youtube.. I'm a new member so I'm not 100% if any of this has been discussed but from what I've seen on here it hasn't.
[I love it when u call me Big Papa]

mongo

The custom bumps have been discussed a few times but they're proving to be pretty difficult to implement, starting with a possibility to get us in hot water legally. We are still discussing it, though. Please remember if you have anything you can upload to the User Bump thread until we get to sort this all out. I don't know what you mean about the pictures... If you wish to post it on the forum, you could use the "Insert Image" button when creating a new post, and type in the image's hosting address between the [img] tags (Photobucket works well). The "favorites" option sounds really cool as well, although I don't know much about the depth of the user profile created when joining the website (if it's forum-only or not, since it'd be to be a little wider to accomodate said option). Still, I think that one might come before the other one.

Thank you very much for joining and please don't hesitate to ask any questions! I know the outlook for those inquiries doesn't look particuarly wonderful but it's not that bad either. That, and we're always listening for suggestions and ways to improve the site.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NYSXxNemesis

Thank you for your time & I'll have to check the user bump thread seeing as I've had intrest as of late to create some new bumps. [I had done some in the past] Well by pictures I meant the avatar I have seen a few people who have a diff picture but when selecting my avatar picture there are only the sites presets, now does this go into another legal issue??

mongo

Oh, the avatar pictures! Just go to your profile, click "modify profile" and under "Personalized Picture" click "Upload an Avatar", or alternatively you can choose "Specify Avatar by URL" and select a picture you have uploaded to a hoster (Imagebam/Photobucket/Whatever). Last time I checked it said the picture couldn't be any larger than 100x100 but the ones we have are 150x113, and I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any issues with 150x150. Other than that, you're golden. BTW, last jab = uncalled for 8-).

[EDIT] Yep, 150x150 works perfectly.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NYSXxNemesis

lol uh well I'm not shure what I'm doin wrong I'm going into my profile into modify profile but in personalized picture I don't see any option to upload an avatar all I got is
. No avatar
. Choose avatar from gallery
Other than those I got nothin.

NumyMufn

It's not just you... I tried logging in with a non-mod account it didn't have the option either  :| I don't think it's supposed to be that way. We did just undergo some updates, and there were a couple glitches on the mod accounts as well. I suspect once crab finds out he'll fix it.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

crab

Custom avatars are disabled for normal members because it is a security hole.  Sorry!